Class type requirements were removed in Mass Effect: Andromeda. The same requirements were removed from weapons as well. Characters and weapons are highly customizable in Mass Effect: Andromeda differing greatly from previous Mass Effect games.
Each weapon counts as one item towards the Inventory item limit.
Combat Style Edit
In addition to weapons, combat also allows use of Flak Cannons, Grenades, Trip Mines, etc. Adding points to Tech skills, allows focusing more on experimental weapons, such as the Flamethrower and the Cryo Beam. Enemies are not generally classified as 'weapons' so are not listed here, but by using Biotic skills can, in fact, temporarily turn an enemy into a weapon, either as a shield or to do damage to another enemy.
Weapon Categories Edit
Weapon Types Edit
- Milky Way - Similar to weapons found in Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Mass Effect 3 but upgraded.
- Heleus - This type of weapon is generally plasma based and benefits from heat-seeking technology. Some Heleus weapons are also charged based. The longer they are charged before releasing the trigger, the more devastating the impact.
- Remnant - Typically uses beams, have a high rate of fire and are exceptionally accurate, though they typically lack per-shot damage compared to Heleus or Milky Way weapons. Due to rising heat, the weapon will experience occasional cooldown requirements. A fair trade-off considering this weapon type does not require carrying extra ammunition.
Weapon Loadout Edit
Weapons can only be added/changed/removed at a Loadout terminal.
The number of weapons Ryder can carry will depend on the skill points placed into the Combat Fitness skill.
Note: Squad weapons can't be changed in Mass Effect: Andromeda. See Squad - Mass Effect: Andromeda
Weapon Weight Edit
Total weapon weight is affected by the number and type of weapons chosen at the Loadout terminal.
- Melee weapons are weightless but each firearm adds more weight.
- If Ryder carries too much weight, power recharge times are affected.
- Skills such as Combat Fitness can increase weight capacity.
- Certain Mods can reduce the weight of guns.
Weapon Customization Edit
Weapons can be customized by two different methods in Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Weapon Modifications Edit
- Main article: Mods
Weapon Augmentations Edit
- Main article: Augmentations
Augmentations are semi-permanent customizations to crafted weapons or armor in Mass Effect: Andromeda. When a weapon is created during Development (crafting), hexagonal-shaped sockets are available to add Augmentations to the weapon. These augmentations cannot be changed like weapon Mods and stay part of that weapon until it is deconstructed.
|Mass Effect: Andromeda Weapons|
|Augmentations • Mods|
|Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-5 Phalanx • M-25 Hornet • Carnifex • Charger • Equalizer • N7 Eagle • N7 Hurricane • Pathfinder Ranger • Rozerad • Scorpion • Sidewinder • Silhesh • Talon • Ushior|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • Dhan • Disciple • Hesh • N7 Crusader • N7 Piranha • Pathfinder Deep Impact • Reegar Carbine • Ruzad • Scattershot • Shorty • Venom|
|Assault Rifles||L-89 Halberd • M-8 Avenger • M-37 Falcon • M-96 Mattock • Cyclone • N7 Valkyrie • Pathfinder Pioneer • P.A.W. • Revenant • Sandstorm • Soned • Sovoa • Sweeper • Thokin • X5 Ghost • Zalkin|
|Sniper Rifles||M-90 Indra • Black Widow • Incisor • Inferno • Isharay • Kishock Harpoon Gun • Lanat • Naladen • N7 Valiant • Pathfinder Observer • Raptor • Shadow • Vanquisher • Viper • Widow|
|Melee Weapons||Angaran Firaan • Asari Sword • Biotic Amplifier • Electric Firaan • Kett Carfalon • Kett Vakarsh • Krogan Hammer • Omni-Blade • Remnant Cryo-Gauntlet|