|This article is about the enemies that are encountered during the game. For information about varren in general, see varren.|
Mass Effect Edit
- The varren you encounter on Feros are in large numbers, so keep moving around, shooting, and using Talents to avoid their bite.
- Biotic talents like Throw, Lift, and Singularity are effective against large, or even smaller groups.
- Using shotguns at close range, even if untrained in them, are also an effective way of dealing with the large groups.
See Also Edit
Mass Effect 2 Edit
|Locations||Tuchanka, Omega, Pragia, Taitus, Gei Hinnom|
Varren return and appear in larger numbers and places in Mass Effect 2. Varren are found assisting the Blood Pack in their various operations and are also encountered on a few uncharted worlds.
Varren have a powerful bite, but they have to get close to use it.
Varren have a moderate amount of health, and low armor on higher difficulties.
- Because varren have to get close in order to attack, it is advisable that you keep them at a distance.
- Using powers such as Throw, Pull, and Shockwave, even in higher difficulties can help keep the varren at a distance.
- If varren happen to get close, using Shotguns equipped with Incendiary Ammo is a great way of busting through their armor.
- The Arc Projector can easily kill large groups of varren in one or two shots.
See also Edit
- Dossier: Archangel
- Grunt: Rite of Passage
- Jack: Subject Zero
- Mordin: Old Blood
- N7: Quarian Crash Site