Hi, welcome to Mass Effect Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Video:SR-2 Normandy page.
Other User's Comments Edit
Please STOP editing commnets made by other users. This is considered vandalism and is a banable offense. It doesn't matter if you are fixing spelling, grammar, or anything else, those comments are the property of that user and they can only be changed or removed by that user. Please stop editing comments made by other users. Thanks. Lancer1289 17:08, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
My apologies. I will not do it again. GrandMoffVixen 19:58, July 5, 2010 (UTC-6)
Leaving signatures on a talk page Edit
I think you're manually adding your name and timestamp to talk pages. That has got to be tedious. Instead of taking the time to type all that out, just use 4 tildes, like this: ~~~~, or use the button labeled "Signature" at the top of the page to insert them. If you want to type a tilde, look for it just to the left of the "1" key on a standard US 101 key keyboard. Hold shift and that key and you'll make a tilde. Try it! (my signature, generated by 4 tildes here->) Dammej 08:31, July 6, 2010 (UTC)
Comments in Articles Edit
As you are not an admin, please refrain from acting like one. GrandMoffVixen 16:45, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
Everyone has to deal with your vandalisms. If you don't want to be treated like this don't do it and read the rules. Bastian964 16:50, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
My point is, if you have an issue, take it to an admin and let them deal with it. I do not recognize your authority to discipline me in this matter.
I wasn't disciplining you, I was warning you so that you wouldn't get disciplined. Every single user who has had to undo one of your vandalisms has said something similar, though you don't read edit histories so I thought I would warn you on this page. If you wish is be disciplined I will go get SpartHawg or Lancer.Bastian964 17:04, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
- An admin isn't required to inform you about how the wiki operates and our policies, that would be a little too demanding on our admins. --The Illusive Man 17:06, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
- This whole wikia thing is new to me and I am trying to learn what I can about navigating, editing and all that. I do try to read the edit histories, Bastian, you assumed something when it was untrue.
- No need. Please note that we do not put comments on in this case signatures into articles as everntually the articles would be nothing but signatures. Bastian946 is just trying to watch out for the community and advising you of our policies here. Please do not insert signatrues into articles again thanks.
- Oh and also anyone here can be helpful of reminding people of our policies here. I did it multiple times before becoming an admin, so Bastian964 is quite alright to remind people of policy. We admins can't be everywhere at once so it helps when the community can just drop a helpful reminder without getting the admin team involved. Only if it excalates does an admin get involved, don't believe me, then check my contributions. Again please refrain from adding comments and/or signatures into articles again. Thanks. Lancer1289 17:13, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
- And what was Bastian assuming was untrue I might ask? Lancer1289 17:14, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok. GrandMoffVixen 17:15, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
- He/she assumed that I do not read edit histories. GrandMoffVixen 17:16, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
(edit conflict)@Lancer: I assumed GrandMoffVixen didn't read revision histories considering when I warned them here about their actions they just continued them after four days. That left me with two different options either assume malicious intent or assume they simply didn't read revision histories. Bastian964 17:23, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, I am trying to read everything. However, as I mentioned before, using this site a relatively new thing to me and I am still getting used to the style and navigation.
- (edit conflict)Indeed and I caught the same thing, assumed the same thing, and dropped a message about policy just after I became an admin. So maybe that is what he was implying earlier with the admin thing. Anyway I'll say it again, we admins can only be so many places at the same time, so as long as someone from the community advises someone of policy in a polite and friendly way, it just means that there are other people who are looking out for the wiki. I did so many times before becomming an admin and there are plenty of other users who have done the same thing. Lancer1289 17:36, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
- @GMV: Ok then, but please do review the policies here and always check edit summeries. And please be aware that as long as it is done in a polite and friendly manner, anyone can remind someone of policy becuase the admin team can't be everywhere at once. Lancer1289 17:41, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Just a quick note with the policy reminder thing, Dammej reminded you above abotu signing posts, and that was done is a polite and friendly manner. So that is just one example and I know I can find others. Lancer1289 17:49, July 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Gotcha. Thanks for all the info. GrandMoffVixen 04:57, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
Video Policy Edit
Please note that for continuality and canon reasons, we don't accept videos uploaded to this site. See our general FAQ, last item for more detalis. We support linking a video or embedding it as wikia will do the necessary converstions without much effort.
If you want to feature a video, embed the video rather than uploading it to the site as they will be deleted. For embedding videos use the <youtube>(URL of Video)</youtube> feature. Just replace the (URL of Video) with the actual URL of the video and wikia will do the rest. Thanks. Lancer1289 21:28, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
Just to make sure I know where you are referring to, do you mean my user page? GrandMoffVixen 22:57, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, if we allow one video then we have to allow them all. Embedding is better or a link. Lancer1289 23:03, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, just to be safe I already went and embedded the link. Also, the reason I uploaded it is I figured that keeping it on my user page would have been ok. Pretty easy to embed anyway.Thanks! GrandMoffVixen 23:04, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
Planet name capitalization Edit
Are planet names capitalized? When looking over some articles I noticed that the planet name was capitalized and wanted to make sure that if I changed it, this would be in the guidelines. GrandMoffVixen 19:59, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Planet names are definitely capitalized as they are proper nouns. Teugene 03:15, August 10, 2010 (UTC)
That page you just created is an article, not part of your user page. So, just to let you know, it will need to be deleted. SpartHawg948 01:51, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
I don't how to do what I am looking to do. How can I make another page then? GrandMoffVixen 01:53, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Try going to your user page, and then typing (for example) /chronicles onto the end. So, (and this will leave a redlink, unless of course you decide to stick with that name) User:GrandMoffVixen/Chronicles. Then it'll be a subsection of your user page, instead of an article. SpartHawg948 01:54, August 11, 2010 (UTC)