For the unaware, BioWare will be attending Gamescom 2011 in Cologne, Germany. Per Chris Priestly, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age II, and Mass Effect 3 will appear at the event. A playable "expanded demo" of ME3 will be available ("similar to the demo played at Comic Con, but now with.... more demo action"). EA's Gamescom presentation will begin tomorrow, August 16, at 8:30 Central time. Fans who can't attend can view BioWare's presentation via BioWare Pulse TV.
Mass Effect 3 has already been nominated for Best Console Game of the event, along with Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, and FIFA 12.
- August 16, 2011 - Not too much new stuff, but enough. BioWare has released a new gameplay trailer showing off a new area and a battle with the Atlas Mech, in addition to some screenshots.
- August 17, 2011 - A few small ME-related updates from Gamescom.
- Unfortunately, ME3 did not win Best Console Game of Gamescom, that honor went to FIFA 12.
- IGN wrote up a preview of the ME3 demo at Gamescom. As expected, it's the same demo from E3 and Comic-Con, but the writer went into some specifics about evolving Powers and how using cover has been improved from ME2.
- As I've detailed on another of my blogs, BioWare has started a second round in the contest to determine the default appearance of female Commander Shepard in ME3.
- August 19, 2011 - Only one update today (technically, it's yesterday's update): Game Informer has another preview of the ME3 demo, a straightforward recap of the Sur'Kesh mission and the opening mission during the Reaper invasion of Earth. Again, nothing new, but it's there for the curious.
- August 21, 2011 - Chris Priestly tweeted about the final ME3 presentation of Gamescom. Martin Sheen appears to have been indirectly confirmed to be reprising his role as the Illusive Man. Not surprising, but awesome nonetheless.