|M-490 Blackstorm Projector|
|Location||N/A: Pre-order bonus item|
|Fire Rate||Low (Charge-Time: 3 s)|
|Reload Time||1.5 s|
|Shots Per Clip||N/A|
|Maximum Spare Ammo Capacity||Default||5|
|Ammo Pickup Amount||(Min-Max)|
The Blackstorm, colloquially called the "black hole gun" encases a few particles of matter within a high-powered mass-increasing field, elevating them to near-infinite mass. This creates a gravitational singularity that draws nearby enemies and objects inward for a short time. The rapidly-increasing gravity near the singularity's event horizon of the singularity rips objects apart. The mass effect field soon destabilizes and returns to normal mass, with explosive results.
- The M-490 shoots out an orb-like projectile that has its own gravitational pull, which will head to the location where the weapon was pointed while dragging any foes (provided their shielding/barrier/armor is down) with it until it implodes, pressing matter out and sending foes flying, while enemies that happen to reach zero health when in its gravitational field will disappear inside it, resembling a black hole. Great for clearing out a corridor filled with foes, e.g. it can take out a portion of armor, etc, if the blast is close enough. Not recommended against bosses such as the final boss or the Thresher Maw on Tuchanka, as it won't deal as much damage as other heavy weapons.
- On Tali's recruitment mission, there is a possibly beneficial glitch associated with this weapon. If you fire it at the Geth Prime and Geth Colossus and it impacts, it will cause a large amount of damage, and when it explodes it has a very high chance of making the Prime glitch into the air and stay there, affording you time and much easier shots at the prime. This glitch has been confirmed on hardcore multiple times.
Ammo Pickup Amount Edit
|Spare Ammo=0||Spare Ammo=1||Spare Ammo=2||Spare Ammo=3||Spare Ammo>3|
|Upgrades||Ammo Pickup(Max)||Ammo Pickup||Ammo Pickup||Ammo Pickup||Ammo Pickup(Min)||Total Ammo|
- As the Spare Ammo increases, the Ammo Pickup decreases untill Spare Ammo = Ammo Pickup.
- Spare Ammo>4: For any number of Spare Ammo which is more than 4, the Ammo Pickup will be the half of the Ammo Pickup(Max), which will be the Ammo Pickup(Min).
- Armor Bonus Ammo NOT included.
|Mass Effect 2 Downloadable Content|
|Promotional||Blood Dragon Armor • Collectors' Weapon and Armor • Inferno Armor |
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle • Terminus Weapon and Armor
|Cerberus Network||Zaeed - The Price of Revenge • Normandy Crash Site |
Cerberus Weapon and Armor • Arc Projector • Firewalker Pack
|Missions||Kasumi - Stolen Memory • Overlord • Lair of the Shadow Broker • Arrival|
|Additional Content||Alternate Appearance Packs • Equalizer Pack • Aegis Pack • Firepower Pack |
Mass Effect: Genesis • Recon Operations Pack • N7 Complete Arsenal Bundle