There are three ways to gain this assignment:
- After becoming a Spectre, speak to Admiral Kahoku near the steps leading up to the Citadel Council meetings—he is standing near a console trying to arrange a meeting. He will explain that his team is missing.
- The marine unit's distress call can be picked up independently if the Normandy approaches Edolus, even without speaking to Kahoku.
- If you have completed the Citadel: Doctor Michel assignment and asked Captain Anderson about Armistan Banes, Anderson will mention that the crew that found Banes' body has gone missing and suggest you speak to Kahoku.
Walkthrough EditEdolus and follow the 'distress call' marked on your map, which is directly north of your landing zone, until you find a burning M29 Grizzly, several dead marines, and a transmitter. Approach the site slowly and cautiously because as soon as you get close enough, you will be attacked by a Thresher Maw. Be aware, and do not draw too close in the Mako or else the Thresher Maw will most likely crush you. Deal with the Thresher Maw either on foot or from the Mako from a distance. Once it's dead, your team will comment that someone deliberately placed the transmitter there and lured the marines to their death.
Thresher Maws 101:
- When the Thresher Maw appears, it's usually best to turn to face it but otherwise stop moving the Mako - this prevents the Thresher Maw from disappearing below ground. Open up with both of the Mako's guns.
- When the Thresher Maw fires its acid blob, use the jets to "jump" the Mako; this is a fairly forgiving technique and only a "bullseye" will damage you.
- The Mako can take two hits from the Thresher Maw safely; the third will kill you. Ignore the slightly confusing "shield" display on the Mako in this case, as it does not interact with the acid at all; pay attention only to the red "hull hits" display in the center.
- You can jump out of the Mako when the Thresher Maw is down to its last sliver of health to do the final bit of damage on foot, gaining a large XP bonus. If you plan to do this, it's best to jump out just after an acid blob has flown past, and run at right angles to the Maw while shooting it, since unsurprisingly a single blob of acid will kill you if you're on foot.
Return to the Citadel Tower and speak to Kahoku to complete the assignment.
|Assignment Index||Next Assignment →|