|Orbital Distance||0.94 AU|
|Orbital Period||0.9 Earth Years|
|Day Length||27.6 Earth Hours|
|Atm. Pressure||0.96 atm|
|Surface Temp||25 °C|
|Surface Gravity||1.1 g|
|Mass||0.947 Earth Masses|
|Population (Orbital Stations)||33,000|
(Pop. estimates are pre-invasion)
The asari homeworld has been called the "crown jewel of the galaxy," the "apex of democracy," and the "beating heart of galactic love." Its republics have a remarkably low incidence of war, disease, violent crime or famine, riding a stable economy backed by wealthy colonies and Thessia's vast element zero reserves. Traces of eezo in the water and soil are so common that most life on Thessia has adapted to its presence.
Thessia's fortunes have been upended by the Reaper assault. The communications infrastructure that forms the backbone of the society's e-democracies has been eliminated. Millions are without power, water, or food, a move to coerce the asari into widespread surrender. This is a necessary part of the Reaper strategy, since husks alone have difficulty disarming or capturing a population full of biotics.
Codex Entry Edit
The asari homeworld, Thessia, is the core of the largest economy in the Milky Way. The planet's reserves of element zero are so vast that they affect its price galaxy-wide. Because life on Thessia evolved in an eezo-rich environment, the world is home to a wealth of both biotically active and eezo-resistant species. Travel to the planet is strictly controlled, but smuggling remains an issue.
Thessia is host to varying republics instead of a single government and, although each maintains a formidable military, it is notable for having long been free of internal or external wars. The asari are renowned for their cultural and political dominance, and they excel in ambassadorial ventures. They have a strong presence in Citadel politics and galactic policy. However, it is the unfocused political structure of their homeworld that has left the Thessians unprepared for the current conflict.
- Mission: Priority: Thessia
- "Thessia" is adapted from Thessaly. Roman writers such as Ovid and Seneca held that the "witches" of Thessaly had the power to draw down the moon.
- In Mass Effect: Revelation, David Anderson drowned his sorrows at Chora's Den with a liquor from Thessia called 'elasa'. Edan Had'dah was also fond of dressing in the latest Thessian fashions.
- Thessia is a terminus on the Illium-Thessia shipping lane.
- Food and drink on Thessia is served with small amounts of element zero which has no known benefits for non biotic individuals, as such visitors are recommended to stick to the visitors menu.
- The Mass Effect 3 multiplayer map Firebase Goddess is located on Thessia.
- Thessia is a mission location in the N7 HQ Galaxy at War mini-game for Mass Effect 3.