|This article is about the starship. For the weapon, see M-9 Tempest.|
The Tempest was originally one of several purpose-built ships for each Ark's Pathfinder team. Kallo Jath was part of the team that designed and tested the Tempest and its prototype. When the Nexus struck the Scourge after arriving in the Heleus Cluster, the other Pathfinder ships were destroyed, making the Tempest one of a kind. Before the arrival of Ark Hyperion, Nexus leadership had planned to dismantle the Tempest for its parts, but Vetra Nyx protected the ship.
Internal Layout Edit
Research Room EditNomad ND1 are done in the research room, supported by discoveries from the ship's tech and bio labs. It is situated at the ship's approximate center, between engineering at the aft and the tech and bio labs at the fore. Additionally, Strike Team missions can be launched from a terminal in this room.
Tech Lab Edit
Bio Lab Edit
Meeting Room EditNexus.
Med Bay Edit
Cargo Bay Edit
Crew Quarters Edit
Pathfinder's Cabin Edit
Technology EditFTL. The Tempest's size allows it to land on planets with little trouble, much like the SSV Normandy and unlike the larger Normandy SR-2. Four main thrusters provide its propulsion and it has four additional downward thrusters to stabilize its descent: two below the canard and two below the main wings. It is equipped with an array of scanners for determining groundside conditions before landing.
- Pathfinder Ryder - Current Pathfinder/Squad Leader
- Cora Harper - Squad Member/Second in command
- Kallo Jath - Pilot
- Dr. Lexi T'Perro - Medical Officer
- Dr. Suvi Anwar - Science Officer
- Gil Brodie - Chief Engineer
- Nakmor Drack - Squad Member
- Vetra Nyx - Squad Member/Logistics
- Peebee - Squad Member
- Liam Kosta - Squad Member
- Jaal Ama Darav - Squad Member
Datapads EditCrew InfoBoard in the crew quarters Found in the med bay on Lexi's desk
- In the crew quarters, there are two plants vs. zombies plush toys on one of the beds. A nod from the EA developers to one of their other titles
- A small black and gold decal on either side of the aft hull identifies the ship as a "M90 SERIES CLASS A EXPLORATION VHCLE" with code 14K.BRCR 318 :O:
- In an apparent nod to previous Mass Effect titles, a red and white decal on both sides of the aft hull provides the following information: