Find and scan any of the colonists' bodies on Eos after beginning A Better Beginning.
Ryder can approach each of the colonists' bodies and scan them. Finding and scanning all of the colonists' bodies will complete the mission. The bodies can be found in any order (see the bug note listed below).
Warning: If Ryder scans Theo J. Harwell first, there is the possibility that the mission doesn't start. If this happens, load a previous save and try again. (This bug was introduced after the release of Update 1.10.)
Find And Scan Colonist Bodies Edit
Site 1: Promise
- This body (Harwall, Theo J.) can be found on the north edge of Site 1: Promise, where Ryder first enters Eos. Ryder will find a small shuttle behind the large building, and if Ryder looks to the southeast, by the edge of the large building, Ryder will find this human body.
Site 2: Resilience
- This body (West, Porter M.) can be found on the path leading down into Site 2: Resilience. This is the east fork of the path leading south out of Site 1. One of Ryder's squadmates will make a point of pointing out this body when Ryder gets close. Ryder will find the human body face-down in the sand on the east side of the path, near some rocks.
- This body (Ylar, Thysa) is found in the confines of Site 2: Resilience. It is on the western side of the large building, on the walkway leading up to the second story of the large building. The asari body will be on the right-hand side, as Ryder walks up the third set of stairs.
- This body (Trenitus, Gordanus) is found to the north of Thysa, still in Site 2: Resilience. Ryder will see two large kett energy shields on the outside of the northern side of the large building. Between which, Ryder will find the turian body face-up on the ground.
- Northern Monolith
- This body (Avante, Tegan C.) can be found by the Northern Monolith which is west-southwest of Site 1. The human can be found on a small rise to the northwest of the Monolith, but to the southeast of the path. The body will be face-down on the rise. Ryder can also find a Platinum Mineral Node to collect to the southwest of the body.
- Western Monolith
- This body (Pavlov, Amira S.) is in a group of a few bodies. Ryder can find the bodies on the south edge of the Western Monolith to the southeast of Prodromos. Pavlov will be the human on her back with her arm sticking up.
- Southern Monolith
- This body (Anton, Darin T.) is found in the kett stronghold by the Southern Monolith in The Golden Wastes. Once Ryder fights into the stronghold, Ryder will need to destroy the generator on top of the building to get access inside. From here, the cutscene/dialogue introducing Nakmor Drack will play. After getting through this, Ryder can proceed opposite from where Ryder entered (heading west), and the human body will be on an operating table on the right.
Note: The mission is finished after scanning the last body. There is no need to return to the Nexus with the information (as the mission description describes) to complete this mission.