The kett have been keeping Remnant data cores for testing in their camps. SAM suggests they may be extracting important information from the cores.
When the outpost Prodromos on Eos has been established, and the atmosphere has cleared (after visiting Aya), Ryder will be able to travel in the western part of the map. Eventually Ryder finds a Remnant Data Core Node in one of the kett camps on Eos. SAM asks Ryder to scan it.
This task primarily involves searching for the Remnant data core nodes in kett campsites, which are easily located within the camp by looking for the symbol marking their location. You need to find a total of three nodes.
Locate and scan Remnant data core nodesEdit
The nodes are randomly scattered among the kett camps, and are placed on the ground. If a camp doesn't have the node the first time you investigate it, there might be one the next time you go there. So you have to visit camps repeatedly until the required number of nodes have been found and scanned. SAM will also clarify if a camp has spawned a data core node upon arrival.
Because the cores spawn randomly per camp, to maximize potential core spawning, avoid using forward stations to fast-travel between them, as the camps respawn for every use. A respawn also might happen if you spend some time in the area away from the camp.
Once the Pathfinder has collected the required three additional nodes (a total of four), SAM will mark a navpoint on the map.
At the marked location is a Remnant facility sunken into the ground in the Blackrock Tande region.
Enter the Remnant installationEdit
Use the gravity well to get down.
Eliminate the kettEdit
Within, the Pathfinder team must locate the source of the data nodes while fighting off kett forces that have infiltrated the facility. Reach the innermost chamber.
- IMPORTANT: While in the vault, look for four glyphs to unlock the container in the Gravity Well chamber, as it is missable and will lock the Cryptographer achievement if forgotten.
- The Interval Glyph is found right behind the container in the Gravity Well chamber.
- The Thermodynamic Glyph is on the other side of the pillar opposite the Gravity Well.
- The Semiosis Glyph is in the next chamber, on the pillar standing in the first pit, facing away from the entrance
- The Kinetic Glyph is located on the wall left of the exit from the final chamber with the Remnant console.
Also, inside the facility there are 120 Remnant research points to be scanned.
Investigate the consoleEdit
(This objective doesn't show until it has been accomplished.)
In the innermost chamber, interact with the console. SAM downloads vital data on the native wildlife on Eos.
Deliver the data to ProdromosEdit
Head back to Prodromos, to the building closest to the Tempest. Access the terminal and confirm "Request: Information on Eos" to receive a hefty sum of XP.