If it's skipped? Edit
you'll still receive wrex's mail about eve dying if you sabotaged the cure + killed him + neglected the bomb, lulz Edit
dunno if this falls under "disputed information" so i'll post this here first but i think this is just another dev oversight where they failed again to account for such a situation.
so here's the sequence of events for people interested in checking this out:
- ignore Tuchanka: Turian Platoon until after you finished Priority: Rannoch.
- go to the citadel for Priority: The Citadel III. meet with the asari councilor optional, all you need to do is board the normandy again either through rapid transit or normally. wrex surprises you with his bulk and dies(?!) bloodied per dictates of the plot.
- do Tuchanka: Turian Platoon. hackett will make no mention of any "urdnot leader" in his dialogue like he normally does if you did this mission after dealing with the genophage.
- then do any three missions. the playthrough i tested this on is a horribly rushed one so there's a backlog of those. Kallini: Ardat-Yakshi Monastery, N7: Cerberus Fighter Base, N7: Fuel Reactors.
- receive wrex's mail from beyond the grave after 3 missions.
T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 09:19, November 14, 2012 (UTC)
I got an email from Wrex about the bomb going off, before completing the mission, but with no mention of Eve. When I saw the email I thought I had messed up and missed the window to complete the mission, but it was still available and I went and completed it. The email from Wrex is still on the terminal.
Email "Many dead":
"From: Urdot Wrex
They got Tuchunka, Shepard. Some kind of bomb. I don't know much. I don't even know who did this. It's a mess. We're going to be sorting this out for a while.
A lot of krogan died. Too many."
--188.8.131.52 22:23, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
Lost Opportunity Edit
I know this sounds rather silly, but every time I see Victus (the son) die in this mission, aside from just generally being sad, I think to myself "wow, what a lost opportunity to add an interrupt!" That is, if your class is one of the 3 with access to biotics, you should have a Paragon interrupt that pulls Victus out of the way just as he starts to fall, saving his life.
The same idea should be added elsewhere too. For example, when you're chasing after Leng on the Citadel and him and the Phantoms get in the elevator, you should have a renegade interrupt to toss a grenade in there IF your class has grenades. If it works, you don't get attacked by any hostiles during the elevator ride (your grenade killed the Phantoms, just not Leng.)
Opportunities like this abound. It's amazing to me that nobody at BioWare thought about these. But it especially hits me with Victus. His dad is a complex character I kinda like and kinda hate. Tarquin is just awesome though. --Chuckmoney (talk) 00:27, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Not sure this discussion is relevant for a talk page, But I'd imagine the reason this wasn't done is because it would be class-specific, which no other interrupts are. Garhdo (talk) 00:36, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
- There is ONE interrupt like that. It's a paragon interrupt specific to the Engineer class in the Omega DLC, where Shepard reroutes power from the force fields to elsewhere with a simple omni-tool hack. But other than that, there aren't many references to Shepard's class aside from the single line at the party if Shepard's a biotic, and Kaidan mentioning L3 and L2 implants in the first game. Lksdjf (talk) 01:00, March 20, 2013 (UTC)