Is it possible that the system is named after the short stroy by polish wirter Satnislaw Lem, which goes by the same name? It would fit into the Mass Effect Universe.
I dunno if I'm sold on this quote. I like the one that the turian Councilor (I believe it was, and I'm paraphrasing here) states that the Council won't risk a war w/ the Terminus Systems over a few human colonies. SpartHawg948 08:39, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
Where is this location mentioned? --Tullis 11:31, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
I think this is named after the planet terminus that the foundation was build on in the foundation trilogy by Isaac Asimov.--184.108.40.206 01:50, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
- That could be, or it could be named after the planet Terminus from Star Wars, or the name could merely refer to the word terminus, which means, among other things, a boundary or limit or the end or extremity of anything, both of which I could see as being inspirations for the name Terminus Systems. Honestly, the latter reason sounds much more likely than naming it after a planet founded by scholars to preserve logic. Then again, that is just my personal opinion. SpartHawg948 11:49, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
Oh, you're probably right, I never thought of it that way. I did look up the word terminus in the dictionary, after I got thnking about it, but I didn't realize that its definition fit so much better than the planet from foundation. I just assumed that since the foundation trilogy is much better known than all the other origins presented. I suppose that the actual word itself supercedes everything. Also woth mentioning, terminus from star wars was based on terminus from foundation. Star was also used trantor, the capitol of the Empire.--220.127.116.11 13:28, November 12, 2009 (UTC)
Star Wars was closely related and based on Isaac Asimov's Foundation saga. So the "Terminus" from Star Wars is build around the "Terminus" from Foundation. So anyway, Mass Effect has inspiration directly or indirectly from Foundation saga. Also, a big part of the ending of the game is very similar to Foundation's Edges and Foundation and Earth books from Asimov:
- > Destruction of the reapers --> Military Domination from Foundation.
- > Control of the reapers --> Mathematical Domination from Foundation.
- > Synthesis --> Gaia solution from Foundation.
-- Flashk 12:02 June 12, 2014 (ECT)
Terminus Fleet Edit
Would it be interessenting to add the War Asset "Terminus Fleet" here, the assorted merc and pirate fleet commanded by Aria? --Tobiasvl 14:52, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
- No because we don't know the context. As far as we know, it's just the three merc bands, and there is no way they represent the Termiuns Systems as a whole. Lancer1289 16:23, March 11, 2012 (UTC)