Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
---Shiala <3 Shepard---
I ran through it and I'm pretty sure I made the same choices with male shepard but didn't get the gesture.
And now I've gone through it with female shepard again and I got the same result as the first time, so it seems Shiala is only interested in girls. 220.127.116.11 06:15, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
It is same as male
Okay, I must have done something different then. Lessthan3 13:59, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
- On my first playthrough I didn't have Shiala come on to me but my third I did, both times I was a femshep using different ME1 character imports so I'm not sure what the deal is, my only guess is that in my first playthrough I had romanced Kaiden in ME1 and in my third I had romanced Liara in ME1. Maybe Shiala had detected that I was open to romance with Asari? Raitchison 17:25, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Nah, it happened to my male Shep who romanced Ashley too FifthDisciple 14:58, June 2, 2010 (UTC)
Not quite Edit
It seems Shiala's actions are based partly on wether or not Shepard had a romantic relationship in ME1. No romance = flirt. Also, my male Shep from ME1 got a kiss on the cheek as opposed to the arm stroke along with a tiny bit more dialogue. However I don't have a save at that point so I can't check again.
Are you certain he got a kiss? My ManShep romanced Liara in ME1 and all he got was a stroke. 18.104.22.168 02:13, April 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I think having a romance in ME1 doesn't matter, I dated Liara in the first one and she still flirted with me. Also, if the colony was destroyed but Shiala lives the dialog change and she says that beign a commando doesn't leave much room for her helping people, but she will try. The she leaves and no flirt occour. BTW, you gain a kiss in the cheek from Gianna, not Shiala. Brfritos 04:07, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
I am very very confused. I played through the game several times with several different Shepards and consistently had results contrary to what is claimed in this article. All the Shepards who didn't have romance in ME1 only got a look and arm touch. All the Shepards who had full romances in ME1 got kisses. Android2137 05:00, February 24, 2011 (UTC)Android2137
Any footage of this elusive kiss available already? I've been looking out for this one on Youtube for quite some time now, not having played a non-romance ME1 playthrough yet... 22.214.171.124 22:52, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
Alright Lancer, I guess I'll just have to trust you for now on this one. There still isn't any proof of this kiss anywhere, though. 126.96.36.199 17:11, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
- I did say that I had gotten it on several occasions, but if I can find a video, then I will do so. Lancer1289 17:16, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
I say we should take a vote on wether to keep or remove the sentence about shiala giving shep a kiss. It's just truly hard to believe that after over a year, nobody has been able to capture it on video and upload it to youtube... It seems like we're hunting for bigfoot or something. XD 05:48, June 15, 2011 GuerillaTech
- If that's what we're doing, I vote to keep it. We've got several reputable editors saying they've seen it, and IIRC, I've seen it as well. SpartHawg948 05:53, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
If you and these other editors have in fact seen it, why hasn't a single person uploaded a video or some other form of proof? I vote against keeping it( obviously, lol). We should keep this vote going for at least a month. GuerillaTech
- The norm for the site is one week, not a month. I can't vouch for others, but I personally haven't uploaded it because I play on XBox, and don't own a video camera or anything, so my options for uploading a video are pretty nonexistent. SpartHawg948 07:23, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
So you're telling me that i should just take your word on it and leave it alone? That hardly sounds fair at all. I'm sure you own a cheap cell phone or your computer has a web cam. I'm not trying to be a pain, but it's not right for something to be posted on a wikia without proof. That's like me going around and editing jacks page writing that jack was zaeed's daughter or anything. GuerillaTech SpartHawg948 or Lancer, do either of you have a save prior to getting the kiss from shiala? GuerillaTech
- I don't, but I stand by what I said earlier, I have gotten a kiss several times, and judging from the history, so have a few people. Lancer1289 07:11, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
but you still have the character that got the kiss?GuerillaTech
- Yes at least five of them have, but I don't have a save from before it so I'm honestly a bit puzzled why you are asking. Lancer1289 07:23, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
It's quite simple actually. you go to this faq on the official bioware forums. https://web.archive.org/web/20160114231415/forum.bioware.com/topic/107159-how-to-mod-me2-for-the-xbox-360-updated-532011/ extract your save, any of which that you got the kiss from will do, and email me it. GuerillaTech
- Yeah, I'm not doing that as that is something where I draw the line because I don't mod my games, and I don't transmit data like that in an email. This is not because I'm lying, but because I don't do things like that. Lancer1289 07:31, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
I'm tired of playing nice in this little game we're playing. I am calling you a liar now. its as simple as that. i offer to showcase this with a video, only requiring your save, and you become self-righteous. why? You're afraid. You're either lying or you confused gianna with shiala. like i said before, nothing should be up on a wikia without proof.GuerillaTech
- My my my... that was a lovely comment. You'd do well to remember site policy on being rude or insulting to other users. Comments like "I am calling you a liar now" and "You're either lying or you confused gianna with shiala" are not needed. If you're going to resort to petty accusations and assumptions of bad faith, take it somewhere else. If you want to go about this constructively, be my guest. SpartHawg948 07:46, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
I'd love to go the higher ground like you just did, but i'm well past that. i'm losing my patience with this. it's as simple as passing me your save you say you got this with, or uploading a video yourself. this isn't supposed to be like pulling teeth. why is this so hard for us to work together? GuerillaTech
- I'll tell you why. Because, while I'm working on getting proof (no, I don't have a save right before it, so it's taking some time), you rage out, go on a tirade, and remove the item, preempting the discussion. That is why it's like pulling teeth, at least for me. You say you are losing your patience. This strikes me as odd because it doesn't seem you had any to begin with. You certainly haven't shown me any. I, on the other hand, gave you at least that much respect. SpartHawg948 07:54, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
How exactly are you working on getting the proof? you said you "play on XBox, and don't own a video camera or anything, so my options for uploading a video are pretty nonexistent." You never said you were working on it before, only that you couldn't show any proof at all. why the sudden change of heart? I have offered to help toward this, but I am pretty much told that using someone else's save is morally unjust. I've played through on 7 unique characters transferred from ME, and never once did anything other then the arm touch happen. what exactly are you doing differently to warrant such a reaction from shiala? I don't exactly like the fact that you come across as an elitist, not to mention that you and lancer are both admins apparently. maybe i'm wrong, who knows. GuerillaTech
- Yeah, you're wrong. Lancer is an admin. I'm not. As for getting proof, well, since you saying "I've never seen it" counts as proof against it, I figured it would work the other way too. I said before I was pretty sure I'd seen it. I'm trying to make sure, no ifs ands or buts. I said I couldn't upload a video. This is true. Does my testimony count for nothing though? Does the guy who just decried the fact that his voice doesn't matter now want to be elitist by telling the person he just accused of being elitist that his voice doesn't matter? Additionally, how do I "come across as elitist"? You and I have barely interacted. If you're talking about my asking you to not violate site policy by insulting others and edit warring, then your definition of elitism and mine clearly differ. I didn't realize that asking people to abide by the rules was elitist. I thought it was common sense. SpartHawg948 08:21, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure that (bureaucrat, sysop) is right next to your name on http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Special:ListUsers/sysop as for the whole elitist debacle, don't try to derail this. I realize(and maybe you should too) that because something works one way, it doesn't mean it can work in reverse. it's just petty. and back to what i was asking earlier... what is your plan for acquiring such proof? i am more than willing to help. maybe i should bold that statement out, because i've only repeated it so many times.GuerillaTech
- Yup. Bureaucrat is right next to my name. Thanks for reinforcing my point! Bureaucrat and Admin are not the same thing. Hence the different titles. As for how I intend to go about getting proof, well, I explained that, didn't I? I intend to verify it for myself. If you're right, and I'm unable to do so, great. You'll have won me over. If you're wrong, then it becomes your word against mine. Now, the elitist thing to do would be to assume one person's word carries greater weight, and as such should nullify the word of another. As for the elitism thing, please! You are the one who introduced it into the conversation when you said "I don't exactly like the fact that you come across as an elitist". All I did was ask how I was coming across as elitist. If anything, you tried to derail it with petty jabs and insults. SpartHawg948 08:40, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
yeah, and "sysop" is right next to it as well. or is Lancer's "sysop" not equal to yours? like i said, we're past arguing about that, or would you prefer that we derail this some more? And as for intending to verify it yourself... what good is it that you do such a thing with no way for others to see the fruits of your labor? Then I'd still be taking your word for it even if i was right. This has evolved past right or wrong. everything can be explained, reproduced, or both. what we require is visual proof for more than just us two to see.
- Sysop is right next to it, because you have to first be a sysop to be a Bureaucrat. Someone who is just a sysop is an Administrator. Someone who is a sysop and a Bureaucrat is a Bureaucrat. And no, I don't want to derail anything. I also don't like people making B.S. accusations about me without being able to back them up. If I have been elitist (which I must have, for you to say so), then I'd really like one of two things: Some explanation as to how I've been elitist, or a retraction. If you really want to help, that should be no big deal. As for what good it would do for just me to see it, well, I have been considering getting a camera. I'll be happy to use said camera, assuming I do buy one, to document any evidence I find. Until then though, site policy is site policy. Speaking of which, please take care to not delete preexisting comments and headlines when posting your comments, please. SpartHawg948 09:07, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
And what difference does the whole bureaucrat and sysop titles matter? I mean, you're only listed into the same group check markeds administrators.in the end you keep bringing this back to being about you. And as to your quest for a camera... was i supposed to read your mind or deduce that you were planning on getting one? you only stated that you don't have the means to show any evidence. Not to mention that this whole time you never even put your opinion into my idea about transferring save files. you simply wanted to control the situation, not bring anything to the table. A fine example of your "control" is telling me not to "delete preexisting comments and headlines." you obviously missed the part where i rolled back to a previous edit to fix my mistake. maybe you didn't catch that. honestly though, stop making excuses on why we can't do anything for this now instead of later. GuerillaTech
- Oy vey. Yes, yes I missed your rollback. It's easy to miss something that take place while you're typing out a message. Funny how that works. As for what difference Bureaucrat and sysop titles make, well, it's a big one. Sysops can ban people and protect pages. Bureaucrats can do that too. They can also promote and demote admins, and promote other people to be Bureaucrats. Look, the point is, you said that, unless you were wrong, Lancer and I are both admins. I merely pointed out (accurately) that you are wrong. I'm a Bureaucrat, not an admin. Let's see... I did opine on the transferring of saved files. I said I don't have a suitable file, but am working on acquiring one. At this point, rather than assuming I'd ignored you, you could have asked if I intended to extract and transfer it. I'm not making "excuses". I'm stating facts which you are ignoring. I'm trying to work with you here, and you're refusing to compromise. It's gotta be your way or no way, apparently. I'm not trying to be "controlling", just asking you to not overwrite the commentary of others. You fixed it, which is great. I even said so myself in an edit summary. But, just as you were unable to read my mind on the camera issue, I was unable to read yours on the fixing your mistakes issue. Nobody is perfect. Not even admins or bureaucrats. SpartHawg948 09:31, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, lets delete all these comments between us on this page. it's cluttering up the place and takes away from its original purpose. let's continue this on my page so we can stay on one track, because posting on two pages at once is causing a delay in information. I'd like to continue the vote, but we need the attention and votes of others as to make this as unbiased as possible. the only problem is actually getting people on here...
- No thanks. I tend to be against deleting big chunks of article talk pages on principle. I don't even delete the nasty hate messages people leave on my talk page. As such, I'd prefer to leave it. As for cluttering up the page, well, that's what archives are for. To remove clutter when it becomes too much. SpartHawg948 09:47, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Very well then. I'm going to make a separate section for the vote, so it'll be more easily accessible.
- Couple of quick notes - talk pages are arranged in chronological order - older threads on top, newer threads on the bottom. This is for ease of reference and ease of archiving, which is also done chronologically. As such, the voting section was moved to the bottom, where the newest section belongs. Additionally, given that the vote was requested and the first vote cast on the 15th, a note has been added that the voting period is from 15-22 June. SpartHawg948 10:07, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
- The part about Shiala's apparently non-existant kiss should be removed (another vote for removing). There is not a single piece of evidence proving that Shiala can actually kiss Shepard on Illium, while you'd think there would at least be one video on Youtube of this if there were. Not even in the Shiala fan-topic on BSN does anyone know of this seemingly very, very elusive kiss. Are you guys sure you aren't confusing Shiala, the formerly-purple now-green asari from Feros, with Gianna Parasini, the human internal affairs agent from Noveria?188.8.131.52 16:06, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Article picture EditI've been thinking for a bit if it would be better to have a picture of Shiala in the colony, as the lighting on her in the article's current picture (inside the Thorian's lair) looks rather silly. Here's an example screenshot (and the one I intend to use unless someone has a better one, or objects to the replacement): HellbirdIV 18:19, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Honestly, I rather like the current picture. I don't think the lighting makes her look silly at all. The picture you provide here isn't bad, but I much prefer the current image. SpartHawg948 21:42, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I'd have to second that. The current image looks fine, not a bad image, but I also prefer the current one. Lancer1289 21:43, July 11, 2010 (UTC)
- So I'm the only one who thinks the current screenshot makes her look like a Batman villain? That and the lighting makes her skin-colour hard to determine, which bugs me since Shiala in fact has a very unique appearance. I'll give it a week and if no-one agrees with me I'll give up.HellbirdIV 18:36, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I actually think the current, rather dramatic, lighting makes for a more interesting image. Now as to looking like a Batman villain, that description really belongs to her current Mass Effect 2 picture. Bastian964 19:35, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah... about that. Generally, it's majority rules. So you'd actually need at least three other people to agree with you before this would go anywhere. As has been stated by several users, the current, dramatic, lighting fits rather well. If you'd like an image better showing her skin color (which actually seems to be shown rather well in the current image, even being accentuated by the light and shadow in a pretty awesome example of chiaroscuro), I'd recommend maybe replacing the second image (i.e. the one that isn't even really of Shiala, but is rather of one of the clones). I for one (or for three, as it currently stands), am rather attached to the current image. SpartHawg948 20:21, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I actually think the current, rather dramatic, lighting makes for a more interesting image. Now as to looking like a Batman villain, that description really belongs to her current Mass Effect 2 picture. Bastian964 19:35, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
Shiala Kiss Vote Edit
Others and myself believe that since we have had no luck in getting a kiss from Shiala in any playthroughs, it should not be wrote on the wiki as fact. Others say that they have received the kiss on many playthoughs. This vote is not about removing the sentence "Alternatively, if Shepard has had no romances, she will give Shepard a kiss on the cheek." permanently, but only to remove it until video evidence or other types of proof are presented. Currently the vote stands as:
This vote will remain open for a week (I for one think it deserves more time though.) GuerillaTech
- This really isn't the formatting for a vote, but whatever. A couple of notes: Current "Keep" votes are SpartHawg948 and Lancer1289. Current "Remove" vote is GuerillaTech. Future voters, please keep to the established form of vote followed by a signature for ease of tracking. And, since the vote was opened on 15 June, the one-week voting period is from 15 June-22 June. Thanks all! SpartHawg948 10:04, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
- I am forced to vote for a 'remove' because no evidence (other than hearsay) has been presented for the existence of this scene. That not one person has uploaded this (apparently rare) scene to youtube seems to be strong evidence against its existence, since many people eat that up on youtube.
- I also can't help but draw a parallel with the ongoing discussion on the Talk:Flashbang Grenade page. There, many users have presented anecdotal evidence that a Flashbang knocks out shields, but this is insufficient: there is no concrete proof, so the statement cannot be added to the page. Here, users ask for proof of an existing statement on the page, but the statement remains, and is even brought to a vote rather than stricken from the page entirely until such proof is presented. What is the difference?
- I'm not insensitive to it taking time to produce proof of a statement, everyone has lives outside of ME and the wiki, I get that. But shouldn't the standard of quality demand that, if there is some reasonable doubt as to the accuracy of a part of the article, the offending part be removed until such proof can be presented? -- Dammej (talk) 22:25, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah I vote remove. I trust that shiala really does kiss you but until there a video thats not going to cut it.--Legionwrex 22:32, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay I'm guessing no romance equals kiss while romancing someone in ME will get a stroke. TheExiledGear 14:46, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
You'd think that would be true, but nobody (other then lancer and sparthawg) have ben able to recieve a kiss. romance or not. GuerillaTech
- Actually if you look at the history of the page, you will find one more. Lancer1289 18:06, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
technically yes. i wasn't including him/her because he/she hasn't been involved in the recent events. GuerillaTech
- I vote for keep. I swear I think she kissed my Shep before. LordDeathRay 21:00, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
The fact that both Spart and Lancer say that it happens leads me to believe it probably does. But the opposing fact that so many are so adamant that they've never seen it is very disconcerting. I vote removal until proof is provided. Knight Captain Ski (Com Link) 06:31, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
- If I can see video proof of this occurrence, I'll support keeping the sentence in the article. I've never encountered this myself, but then I've never had files that met the alleged pre-conditions for it to happen. -- Commdor (Talk) 06:38, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
Looks like voting has ended. The Remove option has won. i'll be editing shiala's page now.--GuerillaTech 04:19, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
- Huzzah! Democracy in action! :D SpartHawg948 04:49, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
I know that voting on this issue closed months ago, but I just wanted to add my personal experience to this discussion: I remember reading this article prior to the removal of the comment on the part about the kiss, and it piqued my interest, unfortunately at the time my male shep import that had romanced Liara did not receive any flirting, well on my most recent playthrough my new import male shep had no relationship in the first game and has not initiated any sort of romance with anyone in the new Normandy crew. But, I was let down a little when all I got for completing the quest was the flirt and arm touch. I just revisited the article and found the comment missing and stumbled upon this discussion when I went to the talk section. Again, not trying to vote on a closed poll, just letting you folks know that I met many of (Just not Fem Shep) the qualifications for this so called kiss and did not get it. Maybe Shiala is just a bit flighty? -Trunksu 18:27, October 3, 2011 (UTC)
Shiala as a Commando Edit
Does this actually work? I've never seen it happen. I've let Feros die in several imports and even gone so far as to kill Ethan Jeong when I do it, but she always shows up in a scientist outfit and says she is helping survivors from Zhu's Hope...
Has anyone actually seen this happen?
Shiala's kiss myth Edit
For any further vistors: Shiala's kiss in ME2 is a myth (yes, people here has confused this with kiss from Gianna).
I've checked her conversation in game files. The part, when you finish her quest, can end in only two scenarios:
- when you saved Zhu's Hope colony, she says Maybe sometime when I'm not organizing the colony and you're not... doing whatever you do... and strokes Shepard on his/her shoulder. No, gender nor prior romances from ME1 don't matter.
- when you didn't save Zhu's Hope colony, she doesn't (she only says Thank you for what you've done here, Shepard. I'll keep doing what I can.)
So, in order to make Shiala kiss Shepard, based on previous romances, another branch had to be there to accomodate this situation. But, there isn't one.
And yes, I know about the policy about using information from game files, but it doesn't apply in this situation - because if something is not in game files, naturally, it can't be shown in the game itself.
--184.108.40.206 21:54, August 31, 2013 (UTC)