Explaining 2/23/10 editsEdit
It's unnecessary to alias links if the only difference is the initial letter is upper-case. The term in lower case will go to the appropriate link.
When you see the sniper, party members may not necessarily say to rescue the shooter. For example, Miranda regards another party as "problematic."
I played through the Reaper core battle on different difficulty levels to make sure, but the core stays open until you damage it a third. That's why it's always three times the core opens, though I guess it could be less if you used the Cain. I also had a stopwatch while playing it on the different difficulty levels. It stays closed longer the first time than the second or third times, but can vary from 45 seconds to a minute, but the mode is 50 seconds. The second and third times vary between 35 and 45 seconds with the mode being 40 seconds. —Seburo 21:51, February 23, 2010 (UTC)
- When I updated the walkthrough I was really estimating on the time because I didn't have a stopwatch or a clock handy at the time. Lancer1289
Time/Mission Limits for Captured Crew Edit
Anyone know how many missions are you able to complete after finishing Reaper IFF mission without having any of your crew members die from the collectors? The first time I played it, I didn't know I was being timed, but I think I finished maybe two loyalty missions before going into the final battle without any of the Normandy crew being melted into goo. Reason I'm curious is being I wanted to get Legion into Tali's loyalty mission to see the unique dialog, but I don't want my crew to die in the progress. --Lord0din69 06:01, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
- The time limit is more flexable because it only starts after the abduction of your crew. See the Mass_Effect_2_Guide#Activating_the_IFF section for more information on the time limits. Lancer1289 March 10, 2010 19:10 (UTC)
I think it's 1 or 2 Missions I think I managed it once to bring Legion on Tali's Loyalty Mission and do his without the crew died but it could be luck.
If you are playing it on the PC I recommend you the SavegameEditor v25 or higher, with it you can have the crewmates whenever you want.Icemoomoo 20:02, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
Managing Your Battles Edit
I have noticed that when fighting the waves in the Dragon Teeth area, it is not recommended to save your game before the last wave (containing the scion) if you have stayed back near the stairs all the time because if you reload the initial waves (before the scion) will be triggered again.
Also, in the battle right before acquiring the reaper IFF and entering the core, if you order your squad mates to stay behind and you advance very slowly you can trigger the two scions before the husk waves which could make your life easier.
I'll wait for some time and if nobody disputes it I'll add it to the article.Betrayer...In Truth, It was I who was Betrayed... 06:40, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Selling Legion Edit
Does selling Legion prevent acquistion of the "No One Left Behind" achievement, or does it only prevent the legion recruitment/loyalty achievements? Mictlantecuhtli 23:28, June 23, 2010 (UTC)
- A little late responding to this, but on my only full playthrough so far I scrapped Legion and still got the No One Left Behind achievement. Just saw this question and figured I'd answer it, even if the answer is quite overdue. --Honeybunch 05:59, April 5, 2011 (UTC)
This mission scared me to death Edit
I was constantly getting my squad mates to do most of the work because this mission just creeps me out to no end.
- Agreed. This is the lights on, make my squadmates talk to me all the time, mission for me. Ingehira 07:22, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
IFF picture Edit
The Reaper IFF picture should be placed at the end of the paragraph, not inline with describing the battles.
- If placed at the end of the paragraph, the image overlaps with the next section. Visually, its current placement looks much better. It's right there with the section describing the acquisition of the IFF, so I really see no need to move it. SpartHawg948 23:25, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Agreed, the current placement is much better, and it was a pain to get it there in the first place IIRC. Lancer1289 23:33, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
Helmet "bug" Edit
This is not really a bug, but i don't know how to call it otherwise, maybe it fits in the trivia section. When going into the Reaper exterior Bioware forgot to provide the crew with helmets. Since there is open space there is no breatable atmosphere, so it clearlly is a miss from Bioware. During the cutscene in the end, however, Shepard is equipped with the space-suit helmet. I didn't have time to notice if Garrus had his, though. This might also point out that outfit is not changed during a level, or atleast i can't recall any other mission where this was done. So that's why the team is "forced" to go out without the helmets. The only "fix" for this is to equip Shepard with the helmet when customizing the combat outfit aboard Normandy, but the crew will have to hope for the best of luck. Except for Tali :P
- It maybe because the Reaper's barriers were shut down which was maintaining an atmosphere, so the first tiem they didn't need helmets and after they destroyed the reactor, they did. Lancer1289 23:32, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
Work Log Bug Edit
When I played the work log after the dialogue with EDI stating that someting can go wrong and the entire crew could die, I happened to find a stupid bug/glitch, where when you play it, you can end up above the work play, as well as your squadmates... I have a screenie about it. You can resolve this by walking back on the edge and jump to the normal ground, or screw it and fall in an infinite place to force reload... --Jorre22225 22:12, November 2, 2010 (UTC)
Naming bug? Edit
When Legion first greets Shepard on the Reaper, the subtitles call him Legion. However, when he is on the ship, he is referred to as Geth, which makes sense since he had not yet been given the name by EDI. Is this appropriate for Trivia since it is a bug? Ingehira 07:26, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
- No because it is already mentioned where it is much more appropriate and relevant, Legion's page. Lancer1289 07:32, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
Possible to do all sidequests + loyalty missions before crew is abducted? Edit
I'm on my first playthrough of ME2 and after being forced to do the "investigate collector ship" mission while I was still mining, exploring planets and just trying to level up my team has me worried that I won't have to time to do ALL side missions, loyalties and explore every planet before my crew gets abducted. I stopped exploring and visiting planets because I'm paranoid now thinking I'm on a timer and have stopped doing side quests and exploring cuz I'm worried I'll be forced to do the "Acquire Reaper IFF" mission when I'm not ready.
I don't want anyone to die is it possible to get everyone loyal, do side missions in between and visit every planet? If so can you tell me how please? I've yet to recruit Samara, Thane or Legion but I have finished Garrus, Grunt, Mordin, Zaeed, and Kasumi's loyalty missions just feel like I'm being rushed to complete the game without having time to properly explore the entire galaxy and enjoy the game. =(
Thanks in advance!
- Well I can calm you down, so take a few deep breaths. :) Sorry bad joke but couldn't resist.
- The Reaper IFF mission can be done at any time and I frequently leave it until I have every other mission/assignment done. The "Investigate Collector Ship" mission is a timed event and while it may appear at an incontinent time, the Reaper IFF mission can be done at your leisure. After all, you do know that dead Reaper isn't going anywhere. You will be able to do all of the loyalty missions, assignments, and dossier missions, with the exception of Legion, before you have to visit the Reaper. Since Legion is acquired during this mission, you can't recruit him until after do so.
- To get Legion's loyalty mission done before your crew is abducted, upon returning from the IFF mission, whatever you do don't activate the Galaxy map as that will trigger the abduction. Go activate Legion in EDI's AI Core room, in the back of the med bay on Deck Three and it will delay the timer until after you have completed its loyalty mission. This may take one or two conversations. Just keep talking until you have the Legion: A House Divided entry in your journal, then you can activate the galaxy map safely without having to worry about your crew being abducted.
- So just to recap that, you can do every mission and assignment before doing the Reaper IFF mission as you can do it at your leisure. To make sure your entire crew survives, upon returning from the Reaper IFF mission, don't activate the Galaxy Map, activate Legion and get it to talk about its problem with the heretics. ONLY after you have the journal entry for Legion: A House Divided in your journal, can you activate the Galaxy Map. If you don't then your crew will be abducted. I think that covers everything. Lancer1289 05:26, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
Core Cutscene Bug Edit
It's actually a really funny glitch. My first playthrough, my Cain must have hit one of the husks near the core, as it killed all husks and the Core. In my subsequent (and Insanity) playthroughs, I hit the core directly which causes most of the husks to survive. In the cutscene where your team is debating Legion, you and your squad will be taking hits from Husks (visible on screen, attacking, for the most part), and jerking around as though stumbling while talking and doing the movements associated with the scene. It's really pretty humorous and I enjoy it. Had me cracking up the first time it happened. Also, you'll constantly hear the Husks' groans and attack sounds.188.8.131.52 15:20, June 28, 2011 (UTC)