Tech Bursts Edit
I changed the "electric explosions" subtitle to 'Tech Bursts' since that's what the game refers to them as in the kill feed when you make them happen. I figure that means it's canonical, or some such.
It might also be useful to have the specific combo names (i.e. Tech Burst, Cryo Explosion, etc.) redirect here. I tried to find this page by searching "Tech Bursts" but I ended up having to go to "Powers (Mass Effect 3)" and then coming here from the related pages. Unfortunately, I don't know how to set up redirects, because I'm a n00b like that. Chayes711 17:34, April 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Done --Dragon The UnTamed 15:31, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
Power Combos Timing and Efficacy Edit
The page says that the trigger and completion powers must be used simultaneously. Does this mean you must select the use of the two powers at the same time when in the powers screen?
For example, Reave can explode a Warp when not used at the same time since Warp has a duration. Would two Reaves need to be cast at the same time, or would the second have to be cast while the first is still in effect? Since Reave is a DoT, it would seem to make sense to let it tick for a bit before exploding it. What about an Overload/Incinerate combo? Those two can't really affect the target at the same time since Overload is an instant power and Incinerate is a "projectile".
Powers can be evolved to do more damage from combos. This is understood, but does a combo always do more damage than its two constituent powers?
For example, Two Reaves would do damage over time. If you cast them at the same time and create a biotic explosion, does that explosion do more damage than the two would have done individually?
--Rtrnofdmax 19:37, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, all of the source powers have some period of duration. It should perhaps be changed to "consecutively." However, "simultaneously" isn't technically incorrect since the first power is still affecting the target (the duration bit) when the detonating power hits. Trandra 22:12, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
Biotic Detonators Edit
Do the biotic powers really detonate every type of combo? The tech powers appear to only detonate tech bursts, so I wanted to be sure. I will check this in-game, but I figured I'd open it up in case anyone knows for certain. --FlashbackJon 16:19, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Biotic powers that cause a violent physical force effect on the target (Throw, Slam, Charge, etc.) also detonate tech/cryo/flame sources. Warp is an exception, because, even though it has no physical force component, it can detonate tech sources. However, recall that Warp does damage to shields which are a kind of electricity/tech. If you think about how the combos work it does start to make sense. FarmerBob12 06:11, April 19, 2012 (UTC)
Redirect request Edit
Could someone add re-directs for "Power Combo", "Power combo", and "power combo"? (Sorry, I'm not familiar with how to do it.) Rtl42 16:56, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Done, although only the first one is needed for the other two variations to work. -- Commdor (Talk) 17:01, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah I see, I wasn't sure how capitals were handled. Thanks for the fast response! Rtl42 02:41, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
Can someone also add a redirect for "power combinations"? When using that search term, this page isn't in the first three pages of results (that's when I stopped looking). I would do it myself, but I don't know how. Thanks. TheUnknown285 (talk) 17:19, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
Warp Rank 4 Detonate Edit
Does anyone know if the Warp Rank 4 Detonate "Increase force, damage, and impact radius of combo detonations by 50%." applies to Warp as a source, a detonator, or both? Special C 21:05, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed both by dev post. - von Boomslang 11:39, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Prox Mine Cryo Edit
Does anyone know if Prox Mine's "Slow" upgrade, the one that freezes, is a primer for a Cryo Explosion? Alex T Snow 11:00, May 20, 2012 (UTC)
- There is no indication that it "freezes" a target like a cryo power does. The best that it says is "slow target's movement speed". Lksdjf
Rebellion Pack combos? Edit
von Boomslang 11:43, May 31, 2012 (UTC) : Things to test:
- Does Lash set up biotic combos?
- Yes, but the window is brief. Lksdjf
- Does Lash detonate any sort of combo?
- Yes. Try it on a Hunter. Smash it, then Lash it. Lksdjf
- Does Smash set up combos?
- Seems to be the case, biotic explosions with one upgrade and tech bursts with another... - von Boomslang 11:43, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Does Smash detonate any sort of combo?
- Yes. Lksdjf
- Does Flamer set up fire explosions?
- Yes, but it's difficult since Flamer's DOT will quickly take down a lot of enemies. Lksdjf
- Does Arc Grenade set up tech bursts?
- Yes. The Quarian Male Engineer can do Tech Bursts on his own. This is my primary tactic when using him. Lksdjf
- Does Arc Grenade detonate any sort of combo?
Fire Explosion? Edit
I think the Flame Explosion is actually called "Fire Explosion" and the re-direct should be renamed as well. (I can change all the pages to the proper link so that the re-direct can be deleted.) I just want to get some confirmation before I go around changing things unilaterally. Trandra 22:29, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
Redundancy of tech detonation sections Edit
There is a lot of redundancy with regards to how combos can be detonated. I would like to condense this to say that all powers are capable of triggering tech detonations, with the exceptions being Cryo and Fire explosions in that they require the enemy to die. It gets kind of old to have to update three lists with the same information. Any ideas on how to do this with the greatest efficiency? Lksdjf (talk)
I agree with you but we should also left the entire list for complete information--[DeldiRe] 22:19, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
Biotic Sphere Edit
This has been going back and forth, so I'm starting a topic--on the Biotic Sphere Player Notes the last note reads "Upon creation, the Sphere does a minuscule amount of damage to enemies inside it or touching it. This damage can kill Swarmers, stagger lesser enemies, and will detonate Biotic Explosions."
This appears to imply that the Warp Effect evolution is not needed to detonate on casting. I don't feel like resetting my powers and testing, so I'd like others to weigh in, please. Trandra (talk) 01:27, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
Cryo explosion Edit
Why is the sentry turret (cryo ammo) not listed ?
Cryo explosion/incinerate issues. Edit
Cryo explosions seem to have issues with using Incinerate to detonate. I'll hit an enemy with Cryo blast, then as soon as the power recharges I'll hit with Incinerate. It's not an issue with Cryo blast wearing off, I've timed it and it took the same amount of time to hit when it did detonate and when it didn't. I haven't had any issues using Overload, Energy drain, Frag grenades, Concussive shot, or Carnage with detonating them, only Incinerate. I have an Engineer Shep, I use Cryo blast and the Incinerate, everything else is squad powers. I'm playing on Xbox 360. Nuclear bacon (talk) 18:08, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Things like this belong in the forums or a blog post as this isn’t what talk pages are for. Lancer1289 (talk) 22:09, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
I figured as much, it's just that I've asked around and no one seems to have an answer so I decided to post here. Sorry about clogging up the page. Nuclear bacon (talk) 22:32, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
Multiplayer explosion changes affected singleplayer as well Edit
Anybody uncertain of this can easily test it through the early gameplay with for instance an engineer or even a combination of ashley - james or ashley - liara. You will notice they can be detonated without killing the target. I myself have been setting them off countless times in my current insanity playthrough without actually killing my targets.
Chain Overload Edit
- It definitely does trigger fire explosions with every jump (and source powers given). I'd expect it to also trigger several tech bursts. Due to such a unremarkable power combo effect: Could it just be the case you don't recognize every tech burst triggered?
There has been independent testing on this--while the animation for the fire explosion happens on each jump, there is no extra damage dealt. Tech combos (whether TB, FE, or CE) only trigger and deal damage from the primary target.Trandra (talk) 21:03, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Tandra, do you mean that if the targets were primed w/ different powers or only w/ the same power??
- Actually, there was new testing after I made that previous post. See here. So if several targets were hit with Snap Freeze, and a chain of the Overload hit them, there'd be 2-3 Cryo Explosions. Or if one target was hit with Incendiary Ammo and one was hit with Disruptor Ammo, chained Overload hitting both would cause both a Fire Explosion and Tech Burst. Trandra (talk) 18:49, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
Point Generation in MultiplayerEdit
Combos clear previous power effects? Edit
I can't find any mention as to whether or not a combo will clear the effects of the powers that set it off. It seems like it, since I've noticed I can't set off multiple biotic explosions off of one source (ie Dark Channel, then Warp twice).
However, I have read conflicting things - such as "Dark Channel and Warp are a lethal combination since both cause damage over time and their effects stack." 
This might be worth clarifying on this section.
22.214.171.124 17:43, December 21, 2012 (UTC) Adam Blackbird
- The combo detonation only happens once per cast/target, but the DoT effects from powers that have it (e.g. Dark Channel, Warp) will last through the duration listed for the power and do indeed stack. If you have an area-of-effect power (e.g. Reave) and get multiple targets, each target can be detonated once.
Concussive Shot triggering Fire explosion Edit
Has their been some confirmation whether the concussive shot needs to be loaded with a particular ammo type in order to trigger the detonation. Or can a "regular" concussive shot do the trick? Tjkoshy686 (talk) 04:40, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
Explosion radius Edit
Does anyone know the radius for each type of detonation? Or what factors, if any, determine the explosion radius? 126.96.36.199 04:58, March 9, 2013 (UTC)