Should Leviathan Be listed On the "Races" page?Edit
AT LAST Edit
AT LAST WE KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE REAPERS--126.96.36.199 11:08, August 29, 2012 (UTC)
Rachni influence Edit
I made an entry about the in-game theory on Leviathans influence on the Rachni instead of the Reapers, given the timing and Reaper methodology of using implants for long-term control I think there should be some credence to it that deserves mention.
But the Rachni information was a dead end for finding Leviathan. So that could mean it was just speculation on Bryson's part. 188.8.131.52 17:31, September 3, 2012 (UTC)
Rachni communication comparison Edit
Why was my entry further detailing the nature of the Leviathan communication system removed? This came STRAIGHT from the game dialog for pete's sake...
- According to your contributions, you've never edited the article. As for your complaint, the rachni info wasn't removed, only moved up to the Biology section. -- Commdor (Talk) 03:19, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Aggh, forgot to login and put my timestamp, my apologies. In any event I didn't notice the switch, and I've been a little testy that so many of my edits in other sections were removed as well. Well, thanks for keeping my entry in any event, I appreciate it. --KrimzonStriker (talk) 03:23, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree with your point, but I also agree with Tranda (I think) who noted that it was a spoiler to say "mysterious race." So, how about we say "mysterious entity"? That would fix the problem of semantics without spoiling anything. TheUnknown285 (talk) 18:51, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
Shouldn't Leviathan have a character page? Edit
It seems weird not to have a character page for this character considering 1) he's the title character of the DLC and 2) he plays a huge role during that DLC. TheUnknown285 (talk) 18:48, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Except what do we know about it? Next to nothing really. We have a page for the species and that's enough. Lancer1289 (talk) 18:50, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
This was originally a character page, but it's been reformatted. Making another page for the one Leviathan that you talk to would just repeat most of the available info. --Mr. Mittens (talk) 18:52, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
- That makes sense. During most of the mission, the actions of "Leviathan" are attributed to a single being, but by the end it seems more likely that they're the actions of an organization or an entire race. The only things definitely attributable to a single individual are the comments of the spokesleviathan who meets Shepard at the bottom of the ocean. Diyartifact (talk) 19:25, August 31, 2012 (UTC)
As far as I have seen Leviathan is the name given to this character and not the name given to the entire species therefor it seems a odd that the entire species is referred as "Leviathans" when we do not know the name of this species. Yllbardh (talk) 01:22, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
Rachni Wars. Edit
Would it be okay for me to add to the history section that it is speculated that the Leviathan's where the cause of the Rachni Wars? The only reason I ask this is because it is mentioned in both the Rachni and Rachni Wars articles.
- I'm against it. We don't know for certain if the Leviathans really did this or what their intentions were (accepting Bryson's theory that it was to build an army conflicts with the Leviathans' claims that they want to avoid open confrontation with the Reapers). The Rachni Wars aren't a definite, integral part of their history like the event is for the rachni. -- Commdor (Talk) 21:21, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
Top Image Edit
- I was actually just thinking about this. I would support it. --Mr. Mittens (talk) 13:32, September 2, 2012 (UTC)
i dunno. we never learned about reapers until virmire, we assumed sovereign was just a geth creation before then. and on the Reapers page we have his picture right next to the spoiler tag. we never knew either what original Protheans looked like (tentaclebeards proven false) unless we purchased javik or progressed far enough into thessia - where even then we only saw a VI of one. javik's mug is there and not even a spoiler tag.
and Yahg. no LOTSB means we never learn that one is a shadow broker and we only see a specimen for the first time in ME3. also pictured right next to the spoiler tag. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 13:48, September 2, 2012 (UTC)
Historical Race? Edit
Considering the age of the species and their involvment with the development of the Reapers the current Galactic Cycle wouldn't it make more sense to have them in the same catagoy as the Protheans? The Protheans and Rachni have been listed in this catagory, despite the fact that they've only been present in a few Cycles. Leviathans have been present for more than a billion years, surely they merit the list. --Artierian (talk) 09:52, September 20, 2012 (UTC)
- No because historical races are races that are extinct. The Leviathans are clearly not extinct. Lancer1289 (talk) 12:54, September 20, 2012 (UTC)
- You might want to re-phrase that. You said that historical races "are not extinct" and used that as a reasoning not to add them. That's contradictory. The Protheans aren't extinct, neither are the Rachni and they've both been added to the list.(Artierian (talk) 07:23, September 21, 2012 (UTC))
- Wouldn't that make asari, turians, humans, and pretty much everything else that's living "historical" races? Lksdjf (talk) 09:16, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
- From an objective standpoint, no. Those races evolved into dominance during the current galactic cycle. The Protheans, a historical race, were engauged in FTL space flight and had networked with other species during the last. Leviathans predate both the Rachni and Protheans, existing before the cycles altogether. It can be inferred from that information that they belong in the historical races catagory.(184.108.40.206 12:32, September 25, 2012 (UTC))
- As I understand it, our race categories are basically those of the Codex, with "historical races" standing in for "extinct races". The Codex lists the Leviathans as a "non-Council race", so that's the category we put them in.--Zxjkl (talk) 09:54, September 21, 2012 (UTC)
The category "extinct" does not imply here 'cause under the historical races we have Protheans even though we have Javik "Prothy Prothean" so therefor "extinct" argument is very weak argument. Yllbardh (talk) 01:31, September 26, 2012 (UTC)
VA Trvia - Anthony Skordi Edit
I believe this piece of trivia should be removed as it does not meet the conditions set forth in the manual of style. As the current standard for VA trivia reads, a specific incident of VA trivia is allowed if said voice actor has played other characters in other BW games. The current piece of trivia does not do so, and thus does not qualify to be in the trivia section. On this reasoning I removed the trivia, but my edit was undone by TemporaryEditor citing something called the "square topic round rule." I am new to the site, and am unsure what this means- if someone could clarify I would appreciate it.
It was also cited that the name is confirmed in many sources, but is this truly relevant? Tali and many other characters have Voice Actors that can be confirmed through a wide variety of sources, but their names are not listed as trivia on those articles, what makes this one so special?
In short- confirmed or not this piece of information simply fails to meet the guidelines set for trivia in the manual of style, and at the very least be moved into another section of the article. Either this, or the MOS should be updated to note that names of Voice Actors are acceptable trivia provided they can be confirmed. ----Isolationistmagi 05:08, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- again, square topic round rule. it doesn't fit. that sort of ruling only applies if the trivia in question is about the VA voicing characters in -other- games. well skordi is only credited for leviathan so it doesn't apply.
- also note that we write articles from an in-universe POV. putting skordi in the introductory paragraphs breaks that feel (which is why we have char boxes for that sort of thing - only leviathan's a race, not a char). there's no place for the skordi info to go other than the trivia section, really. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 05:18, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Perhaps the MOS should be updated to avoid confusion like this in the future then? ----Isolationistmagi 05:20, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- apparently commdor the admin is already on top of it. T̴̴͕̲̞̳̖̼̱͒͛̎͒ͫ̃ͧeͩ̈̽̈҉͓̝̰̼̦̫̤̀͠m̫̪̪̯̻͎̫̅̇̓̇͌̚p̸̙̝̓̓͌ͨ͆ͣͥ̂̕o͒̽͐̽͏̞̬̻͕͔͕͚̰͍͠͞ṙ̢̞͚͈̹̰ͨ̓ͭ̈́̌ạ̢̧̪̹̺̺̣̹̲͂͆̏ͪͨ͒ͭř̹͈͜͠y̷͍̻̜̹̼̾̽̈́e̵̹̼̟̦͚͐̈́͌͘d͉̲̣̻͉̱͗̅ḭ̷̻̆͋̆̓̔͝t̨͍̦̫̗͂̅̍̋̆ͩ͝ộ̫̟̬̳̝̲̾ͫ̒̿ͮ̑̚rͯ̎ͨͭ̄̿̽͛҉̠̫̱̠̘̘̲́ͅ7̩̻ͤͩͨ͝͡8̜̣̙͇̻ͨ͛͛̆͒̆̽̒͐͜͡ ͥ̍̉̃̇ͥ̓ͨ͏̕҉̥̹͓̗̤̠̖̤ (talk) 05:22, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Alrighty then, sorry for the hassle :p ----Isolationistmagi 05:25, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
"Leviathan Worlds" section Edit
Is this section actually necessary? There's only one planet listed, which could just as easily be mentioned elsewhere on the page. Alternatively, should it be expanded to include planets with known Leviathan influence or artifacts (such as Namakli)?--Zxjkl (talk) 00:22, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
Arg. Nevermind. Answered my own question.
I did not encounter any source that tells us they are aquatic organisms. Shepard encountered them in deep water but they were simply hiding there, it isn't necessarily their main habitat. In fact the way they manipulate other organics in different planets suggest they mainly live in space, wandering around --220.127.116.11 11:15, February 23, 2014 (UTC)
That's actually a decent point, but honestly you shouldn't expect anyone here to respond. Just like how I won't respond to anything after this.
Codex tells us. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Codex/The_Darkness_Breached:_Leviathan%27s_Secrets Scarvia (talk) 20:54, May 20, 2014 (UTC)