Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Power Ranks Edit
Rank 1: Tactical ScanEdit
Reveal weaknesses in defenses, increasing all damage done to the target and slowing its movement speed. Provide the entire squad with a tactical readout. Only one scan can be active on a target.
- Recharge Speed: 4 Sec
- Duration: 20 sec
- Movement Speed Penalty: 15%
- Damage Taken Bonus: 15%
Rank 2: Recharge SpeedEdit
Increase Recharge speed by 50%
- Recharge Speed: 2.67 Sec
Rank 3: DurationEdit
Increase Duration by 30%
- Duration: 26 Sec
Rank 4: Weapon Damage/Power Damage Edit
Increase all weapon damage done to the target by 7.5%
Increase all power damage done to the target by 7.5%
Rank 5: Headshots/Movement Speed Edit
Increase all Headshot damage by 25%.
Increase the target's movement speed penalty by 15%.
Rank 6: Damage/Area Scan Edit
Increase all damage done to the target by 10%
Increase scan duration by 100%. Momentarily reveal enemies within 20 meters of the target with an initial scanning pulse
Player Notes Edit
- Tactical Scan has a lengthy activation time, but does not need line of sight and can be done without breaking cover.
- With the Area Scan evolution, Tactical Scan can be used even without a target, if only to get the brief area scan.
- A hologram of the scanned target will appear on the player's omni-tool, allowing the player to see what the target is doing even if they don't have a visual, along with the distance to the scanned target measured in meters.
- The colored semi-circles around the target and the hologram represent health/armor (left side) and shield/barriers (right side). This allows everyone to see the hit points remaining on the target even when outside lock-on range or invisible.
- If used against Swarmers, Geth Turrets, or enemy Drones, Tactical Scan will kill them instead of causing its normal effects.
- The rank 5 Movement Speed evolution appears to increase the recharge speed by 25%, but in actually it is simply applying the Rank 5A bonus to the stat bar. There is no change in your actual cooldown.
- Tactical scan 5A  evolution is not applied to headshot damage, effectively making this upgrade do nothing.
- You can even activate Tactical Scan while reloading in cover, although it doesn't "cancel" the reloading process like a combat roll or power use would. This means that you can activate this power without breaking cover or use it against an enemy that is in cover. However, you cannot use this power against an enemy that cannot be targeted, like a Geth Hunter that's currently cloaked. To counter this, fire a shot at the enemy, and then use Tactical Scan as soon as the targetting reticle appears.
- Tactical Scan with the Area Scan evolution does not need a target lock. It can be used to reveal enemies while behind cover that would otherwise obscure a player's vision. It does not confer any effects of the power to enemies revealed, nor will it continue to track specific enemies. This can be done in rapid succession to continually track enemies as Tactical Scan wears off.
- The rank 6 Area Scan combined with Arc Grenade is an effective way to spot and reveal group of stealthed enemies.
- The 'highlight' effect of Area Scan makes it very easy to get headshots on enemies whose heads are not visible, such as Guardians.