|This article is about the skill in Mass Effect: Andromeda. For sniper rifle weapons in Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, and Mass Effect: Andromeda, see Sniper Rifles.|
Skill Ranks Edit
Improves specialist sniper training for long-range combatants. Sniper rifles deal high damage at a distance at the cost of slow firing rates and capacities.
|1||Sniper Rifles||Increases sniper rifle damage with each point invested in the Combat Skill Group.||+2% Sniper Rifle Damage|
|2||Accuracy||Increases sniper rifle accuracy with each point invested in the Combat Skill Group.||+2% Sniper Rifle Accuracy|
|3||Headshots||Increases headshot and other weak point damage from sniper rifles with each point invested in the Combat Skill Group.||+2% Sniper Rifle Headshot/Weak Point Bonus|
|4||Weight||-||-25% Sniper Rifle Weight|
|4||Spare Ammo||-||+15% Sniper Rifle Spare Ammo|
|5||Reload||-||+15% Sniper Rifle Reload Speed|
|5||Clip Size||-||+25% Sniper Rifle Clip Size|
|6||Damage & Force||-|| +20% Sniper Rifle Damage|
+20% Sniper Rifle Force
|6||Killing Spree||Improves rate of fire, stability, and reload time for 5 sec after killing an enemy with a sniper rifle.||On-Kill Rate of Fire Boost: 30%|
On-Kill Stability Boost: 40%
Player Notes Edit
- Sniper Rifles is a passive skill that is always active.
- Given the current patch (Update 1.10) state of affairs, -% reduction of a weapon's weight is somewhat limited from both items and skills. Even with -25% from this skill and supposedly another -10% and -15% from Scavenger Armor - it does not reduce weight by 50%, it makes a 50 weight point sniper rifle weigh 36, which is only 14 points reduction in weight, requiring 10 skill-points investment and armor slots wasted. Consider investing skill points in Combat Fitness and Auxiliary Systems (+25/40 Weight Capacity, not % based even when it states it is).
- Sniping pairs best with long range Skills, especially those that hit the enemy through cover. A Sniper Rifle Receiver Mod on a sniper rifle takes this even further with the penetration stat.
- Make sure to bring a different type of weapon, as sniper rifles make Ryder the most vulnerable.
- Using a high damage rifle like the Black Widow with the Rank 6 Damage & Force option, will allow a headshot on Insanity difficulty to kill basic enemies outright, depending on what other passives Ryder has such as the Infiltrator Profile Weapon Headshot/Weak Point Damage Bonus.
- Single-player: Pathfinder Ryder - Starting Combat Skill
- Multiplayer: N/A
|Mass Effect: Andromeda Skills|
|Combat||Assault Rifles • Barricade • Combat Fitness • Combat Tools • Concussive Shot • Flak Cannon • Omni Grenade • Pistols • Shotguns • Sniper Rifles • Trip Mine • Turbocharge|
|Tech||Assault Turret • Auxiliary Systems • Cryo Beam • Energy Drain • Flamethrower • Incinerate • Invasion • Offensive Tech • Overload • Tactical Cloak • Team Support • Unknown (Remnant VI)|
|Biotics||Annihilation • Backlash • Barrier • Charge • Containment • Lance • Nova • Offensive Biotics • Pull • Shockwave • Singularity • Throw|