|This article is about the corporation. For the Citadel store in Mass Effect 2, see Sirta Foundation (shop).|
The Sirta Foundation is a human biomedical firm renowned for its humanitarian efforts and groundbreaking research into genetics. Sirta refuses on principle to produce weapons or similar "offensive" products, but they do offer basic protective or utilitarian items ranging from armor to omni-tools to bio-amps. Their armor regenerates the health of characters when worn. An armory license for Sirta Foundation can be purchased from Delan in the Citadel's Presidium, or from Petozi on Noveria, or from Commander Rentola, after he is rescued from Virmire, on the SSV Normandy for 100 credits.
The Sirta Foundation made its fortune eliminating several genetic diseases endemic to human populations. Sirta also created medi-gel, which, while technically illegal under Council law, is far too useful to ban.
In 2183, a Sirta Foundation facility on Chohe was attacked by a group of biotic fanatics, who took the facility's entire staff hostage. Commander Shepard is called in by Admiral Hackett to resolve the situation, which has various outcomes depending on how many of the Sirta scientists survive.
By 2185, however, the attack on the Chohe facility brought Sirta to its knees financially, and it was predicted that the foundation would soon declare bankruptcy and dissolve. Fortunately, asari colonists on Lusia began selling platinum, discovered in abundance on the largest moon of Pronoia, to the foundation for less than its market value. This discount is believed to have single-handedly saved Sirta from bankruptcy.
Mass Effect 2Edit
In Mass Effect 2, the Sirta Foundation manufactures three pieces for the N7 Armor:
- Incorporates a series of lightweight beryllium and tungsten braces and micro-servos to support and enhance the natural movements of the wearer. Originally developed by the Sirta Foundation to aid in the primary construction phase of planet settlement, it has since been adapted for more martial purposes
- Incorporates a series of beryllium and tungsten braces and micro-servos to support and enhance the natural movements of the wearer for short periods of time. Originally developed by the Sirta Foundation for search and rescue personnel, it has been adapted for military use.
- Within a wearable framework, the Sirta Foundation developed an innovative net of micro-stimulants and medi-gel in order to increase the chances of survival for aid workers and military personnel working in a hostile environment.
|Tech Cooldown Bonus:||10||12||14||17||19||21||23||26||28||30|
|Med Recharge Bonus:||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Biotic Amps Edit
- The PC version of Mass Effect reveals that internally this manufacturer is referred to as 'Sitta' instead, but had been renamed to 'Sirta' in localization. On the PC version, the license is referred to as Sitta Foundation License as its armory license.
- Whatever the outcome of the mission UNC: Besieged Base, news reports in Mass Effect 2 consistently state that Sirta Foundation will soon be bankrupt because the attack ended in tragedy. This is due to a bug. If the hostages were saved, cut content suggests that Sirta would instead have halted an inter-species virus .