The Scholar achievement is one of the easiest achievements to unlock. However it does require you to question characters that become unavailable later in the game.
To complete the achievement you will need to find the following subjects:
Aliens: Council Races Edit
- Automatically unlocked after meeting the Council.
- Automatically unlocked after first conversation in game.
Aliens: Extinct Races Edit
Aliens: Non-Council Races Edit
- After you become a Spectre, ask Anderson about his past mission with Saren upon acquiring the Normandy, or speak to him once you return to the Citadel (he's in the ambassador's office). If your character has the Spacer or Colonist background, the specialised quests also give background on the batarians.
- Do the quest to get Tali.
Full credit to Armando Castillo for his guide available from GameFAQ's
Notification Glitch Edit
In some cases for 360 players, the Scholar achievement doesn't register as a pop-up when achieved. Check your Achievements list if you believe you've discovered all the required Codex entries.
It has also been reported that some players haven't received the Scholar achievement despite getting all the entries.
Scholar Walkthrough Edit
On the Normandy Edit
Prothean → Talk to Nihlus during your conversation with him and Captain Anderson aboard the ship just before Eden Prime.
On Eden Prime Edit
Geth → Talk to Ashley when you first meet her.
On Citadel Edit
Elcor → Talk to Ambassador Calyn
Rachni → Talk to Avina, next to the krogan statue. This completes the Aliens: Extinct Races.
Hanar → Talk to Delan, the hanar shopkeeper in the Emporium.
Keepers → Talk to Avina next to the keeper.
- Use Citadel Rapid Transport to go to the Citadel Tower
Salarians → Go to the hearing.
Turians → Go to the hearing.
Asari → Go to the hearing. This Completes the Aliens: Council Races in the Codex.
Krogan → Do the mission to get Wrex into your crew.
Quarians → Talk to Wrex in C-sec.
- Become a Spectre.
Batarians → Talk to Captain Anderson about past mission with Saren.
- Scholar achievement unlocked.
|Mass Effect Guides|
|Completion||Walkthrough • Morality • Experience • Systems • Mako • Codex|
|Achievements|| Completionist • Rich Achievement • Party Member Achievements |
Scholar Achievement • Weapon and Ability Achievements
|Classes||Adept • Engineer • Infiltrator • Sentinel • Soldier • Vanguard|
|Weapons||Assault Rifles • Pistols • Shotguns • Sniper Rifles|
|Other||PC Tweaks • Merchants|