|Richard L. Jenkins|
Jenkins was born in a rural district of Eden Prime, and dreamed of visiting more urban areas before he decided to become a Marine, stating that "even paradise gets boring". After enlisting, he wanted to prove himself as a notable soldier and test himself in combat. He envied Commander Shepard's impressive record. Jenkins also admired the Spectres, though his views of them seemed to be coloured more by vids than by experience. He was especially impressed by Nihlus Kryik, after hearing the story that Nihlus once defeated an entire platoon single-handed.
Jenkins was assigned to Shepard's ground team during the ill-fated mission to Eden Prime. He was killed by geth drones soon after the ground team landed on the surface. His death was a blow to the morale of the Normandy's crew, who would remember him for his bold exuberance.
- If Jenkins is assigned a weapon other than his default assault rifle, he is shown holding it sideways in the cutscene portraying his death.
- Jenkins can wear any armor in the game, including krogan, quarian and turian armors. There are no visual differences if he is equipped with these armors, however.
- In a conversation in Mass Effect 2, Karin Chakwas sometimes recounts a story in which Jenkins is thrown back by a "biotic display" of Kaidan. Chakwas was worried that Jenkins broke his back until he jumped up and shouted "That was awesome!"
- Josh Dean also voiced Jonn Whitson in Mass Effect 2 and Henpecked Hou in Jade Empire, another BioWare game.
- His name is engraved on the memorial wall in Mass Effect 3.