Remnant technology is key to restoring Voeld and transforming it into the golden world it used to be. However, a remnant vault must first be located by activating the monolithic Remnant structures nearby.
Ryder will receive this mission automatically after getting close to one of the three monoliths.
Activate Monoliths (0/3) Edit
When Ryder approaches a monolith location, a sub-mission and two objectives are added each time that need to be completed.
The Monolith Edit
Scan For Glyphs (0/3) Edit
Activate The Monolith Edit
- The Northern Monolith: This monolithis south-southeast of Techiix. Approach from the east. Find the three missing glyphs (Adherence, Entropy, and Magnitude Glyphs). Solve the puzzle on the console once all glyphs have been found. On the platform is an Adaptive Remnant Core Device that can be scanned for +100 .
- The Southwestern Monolith: This monolithis south of Taerve Uni. Approach from the north and the monolith is in the deep valley. Find the three missing puzzle glyphs (Magnitude, Nihility, and Verdurous Glyphs) by climbing the pillars near the console, then hopping onto a nearby structure for two of them and locating one on the ground level. Solve the puzzle on the console once all glyphs have been found.
- The Southern Monolith: This monolithis west of the Southern Holding Site. Approach from the north. Find the three missing glyphs (Semiosis, Synaptic, and Zero Glyphs) by going outside of the cave and two are on the sides of the same block, while the last is near the console inside the cave. Solve the puzzle on the console once all glyphs have been found.
- For the monolith puzzle solutions (needed for the Cryptographer Achievement), see here.
Investigate Vault Entrance Edit
The vault is located between the Southwestern and Southern Monoliths. Head to the navpoint. The entrance rises from the ground when Pathfinder Ryder approaches. Take the gravity well down.
Activate Emergency Power Edit
Use the nearby power console.
Be aware that the cold hazard is Level 2 in the vault. The Remnant Shield Chargers (bubbles) in this vault restore Ryder's life support from getting depleted by the environment. Using Backup Life Support consumables will be helpful.
Note: Sometimes there is no environmental hazard in the vault (potentially a bug).
Manual saves are enabled inside the vault.
Lift The Vault Lockdown Edit
Enter the main room. In the entrance area is a console (C0).
There are two paths from here:
- The Right Path leads to the vault core and important loot:
- The Left Path leads to hidden loot:
- Left Path, Visit #1
Use console C0 to raise platforms to the left path, and then make Ryder's way there. There are many interdependent consoles there. Figuring them out is somewhat confusing.
On the second ledge is a console (C1) with a beam to a bubble. Using the console will remove the bubble and move the beam to another console. Use it again to restore the bubble when Ryder needs to recharge Ryder's life support. The other consoles will remember their settings.
Now, use C1. The beam moves to a console up on a ledge to the east (C2).
Jump up and use C2 to move the beam to a console (C3) on the same height to the southwest. To the north a console rises from the floor and from that a platform rises from the fluid with a container. Go down and loot it.
Jump up to C3 and use it. The beam moves to a console to the north on a ledge below. Go down and use it. A platform will rise from the fluid with an Adaptive Remnant Data Core. Go down and scan it for +100 .
Jump up to C2 and use it. The beam moves to a console (C4) high up on a ledge to the south. From C2 jump up twice to reach C4.
Use C4. Two consoles rise from the floor below. The beam goes down to console C5 and from there down to C6 and from there up to C7.
Jump up to C7 and use it. A platform rises from the fluid with a container. Loot it.
Jump up to C5 and use it. On the ledge below a console rises from the floor. The beam goes from C5 to that one and from there to a console on the lower ledge to the north (close to C1). Go down to that last console and use it. On the other side of the fluid a platform rises with a Remnant Data Core for Task: Remnant Data Cores.
- Right Path, Visit #1
Backtrack to C0 on the entrance platform and use it. Make Ryder's way onto the right path. Ryder will arrive on a ledge with a bubble and three Remnant Assemblers. Eliminate them and collect the Remnant Data Core.
- Left Path, Visit #2
Go back to the entrance platform and use C0 to access the left path again.
Use C5, and a console rises on the ledge below. Use it, and the beam goes to a console high up to the south (accessible only from the right path). It will open a room Ryder can loot during the escape from the vault.
- Right Path, Visit #2
Go back to the entrance platform and use C0 to access the right path. Go to the first bubble there, and jump up on a ledge behind it.
Use the console to open the big door. Inside is a Destroyer and two Assemblers. Eliminate them (+847 XP).
Note: Oddly, it seems impossible to cast an assault turret up here (maybe a bug?).
Exit the room. To the southwest is a console. Use it. Below a platform rises from the fluid.
Jump down on it and head northwest. There is the locked door to the room that can be accessed during the escape from the vault.
Head west over the three-armed platform. Eliminate the Nullifier.
On the other side, more Remnant forces have to be destroyed.
Use the console to unlock the room. Ryder can to go back to the room so SAM can mark it on the map.
The door is open, but access is still blocked by an energy barrier. It will be removed during the escape from the vault.
Continue to the west and get over to the vault core. Eliminate the Remnant forces there.
Use the console to lift the lockdown. The vault purification process will begin.
Escape The Purification Field And Exit The Vault Edit
Run back the same way Ryder came from.
- Remnant forces will attack on the way out.
- The Remnant Shield Chargers (bubbles) will now deplete Ryder's shields, so avoid them.
- Note: Remember to pick up the remtech from the unlocked room. The Fusion Mod of Resistance is awarded for picking up the remtech.
In the gravity well room, use the console to shut down the purification process. The mission completes.
When Ryder has exited the vault, SAM remarks that the temperature has increased by 13 degrees since activating the vault.
The hazard zones have become less cold, but it's not enough to remove the destructive effects of those environments on Ryder's Life Support. It is still depleted.
Also, when speaking with the angara, they have no comments on the activation of the vault - not even Moshae Sjefa. The same indifference is noted with the Initiative representatives Foster Addison and Jarun Tann.
- Even after activating the vault, all of Voeld's temperature hazards may remain in place, including Level 2 cold where an Architect has to be fought during Missing Science Crew. (Confirmed on PS4 with Update 1.10)
Puzzle Solutions Edit
- Main article: Remnant Decryption Puzzle Guide
| Northern Monolith|
Reward: Game Progression
| Southern Monolith|
Reward: Game Progression
| Southwestern Monolith|
Reward: Game Progression
| Vault Console|
Reward: Skill Points