Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This electrical weapon improves upon the arc pistol's design by generating a sustained current on its target. This weapon is named for the quarian Reegar family, whose marines have served valiantly against the geth.
The Reegar Carbine is available after downloading the Mass Effect 3: Firefight Pack.
Player Notes Edit
- The Reegar Carbine is a short range automatic close quarters combat weapon that fires a constant stream of electricity; despite being called a carbine, the weapon's function is consistent to the M-451 Firestorm. Powers can be used at the same time this weapon is firing. Despite not shooting bullets, this weapon has a headshot multiplier.
- The Reegar Carbine can dispose of most enemies within seconds at close range, but getting in range can be problematic on higher difficulties because of how quickly enemies can damage the player. Other shotguns with longer ranges may be preferable.
- Do not give this weapon to squadmates, as they do not properly gauge its range and will routinely miss.
- With its extremely limited range, this weapon tends to favor a more "up close and personal" approach to enemies. With such a mentality already in place, most conventional Vanguards should find this weapon to be a natural fit.
- Infiltrators may also find the Reegar useful, since they have powers that can keep them safe while they close to effective range.
- The Reegar Carbine does 200% damage against shields and barriers; but only 50% damage against armor. This may make it a good choice for classes that have no shield-stripping abilities.
- The Reegar has immense overall power and is capable of killing targets in range in a short amount of time. When first impacting a regular size target it tends to partially stagger them for a brief second. To compensate for its power, the Reegar burns through its already low ammunition count at an alarming rate. As such, it is highly advised to bring along a high-capacity sidearm. Be aware that it has a slow reload speed too.
- Banshees, Geth Primes and Brutes on Normal difficulty can be taken down from full barriers/shields and armor in less than five seconds of sustained fire.
- Because this weapon has a set pattern for the stream it shoots, it receives no benefit whatsoever from the Smart Choke mod. It is therefore better to use the Shredder Mod for increased effectiveness against enemy armor or the Spare Clip mod to increase how long it can be used before needing to find ammo.