Named after a turian spirit of creation, the Phaeston was engineered to provide the best possible balance between accuracy and firepower in a machine gun. Each shot is tempered by kickback dampeners inside the shoulder stock, which lets the Phaeston pack more punch than other weapons its size without sacrificing precision. Its fully automatic fire and relatively light weight has turned the Phaeston into the turian infantry's primary go-to weapon.
Player Notes Edit
- Thanks to its rate of fire, low recoil, and high ammo capacity, the Phaeston can be a good single weapon for characters with a higher weight capacity who primarily rely on their powers.
- With even a level I Stability Damper mod equipped, the Phaeston has extremely little muzzle climb. This makes it well-suited for reliably landing headshots, especially coupled with the Turian Soldier and Quarian Marksman Soldier's Marksman power.
- The only real weakness of the Phaeston is its lack of damage, which is countered by its fair accuracy and good rate of fire, as well as its equal damage against any opponent. The Extended Barrel mod can be used to address this weakness to a point.
- Since it is relatively weak against armor, powers with armor-weakening effects are recommendable, as well as possibly equipping a heavy pistol as a side-arm.
- The Magazine Upgrade is very useful on the Phaeston, allowing for 70-90 shots to be fired before needing to reload. This can make it good replacement for one of the higher-capacity weapons, such as the Geth Pulse Rifle or the M-76 Revenant.