WARNING: Level 1 Heat Hazard
Though it is one of the oldest entries in the star charts, Nonuel has not yet been fully mapped. It is the largest body in the asteroid belt of the blue star Plutus, not only large enough to maintain a spherical shape, but also massive enough to maintain the noxious carbon and sulphur dioxides venting from its many volcanoes as an atmosphere.
Nonuel is rabidly volcanic, and the source of its great heat is also the source of its inordinate mass. Nonuel is a "secondary source" of element zero, coalesced around a large chunk of eezo ejected by a supernova billions of years ago.
Surface conditions are extremely hazardous. In addition to the thin crust and numerous magma flows, wide stretches of the landscape are coated with slippery ash and cinders ejected from the volcanoes.
- Assignment: UNC: The Negotiation
- Collection: UNC: Asari Writings: Matriarch's Writings ×1
- Collection: UNC: Locate Signs of Battle: League of One Medallion ×1
- Survey: UNC: Valuable Minerals: Light Metal ×1 / Rare Element ×1
Points of Interest Edit
|1||Initial||Warlord's outpost (UNC: The Negotiation)|
|2||Initial||Crashed probe (salvage: High Electronics)|
|3||Initial||Mercenary outpost (UNC: Asari Writings, UNC: Locate Signs of Battle, salvage)
Mineral Deposits Edit
- Main article: UNC: Valuable Minerals
Search and Rescue Edit
- Main article: Search and Rescue
Nonuel's terrain features streams of lava that could incinerate even vehicles like the Mako.
- The Mercenary outpost tells the story of two persons fighting to the death regardless of the harshness of the planet. This may be a reference to the 1985 sci-fi movie Enemy Mine which features a similar plot on a volcanic planet.
- Interestingly, if one scans the northern deposit of titanium, the message will state: "Scans from orbit have revealed a large quantity of Titanium" despite surveying the mineral on foot. This also leads to the deposit not showing on the map after survey.
- The surveyed deposit of samarium can disappear from the map.