The Nomad features twin hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells powering an element zero core, independent suspension for each wheel, and interchangeable four- or six-wheel drive. Like the Mako, it comes equipped with a rear fuel injection booster to propel it forward, and helium-3 microthrusters beneath the vehicle to blast it upward. It comes with the capability to scan planet surfaces for valuable resources and deploy mining drones to harvest those.
Customizable components include the following:
- Thrusters - can hold as much boost fluid as needed for greater maneuverability.
- Shields - additional power cells can briefly generate a protective field around the Nomad to protect the drive and its occupants when exiting the vehicle.
- Shield Blast - if the Nomad loses its shield, in a last attempt to preserve shield integrity the shield power cells will discharge causing an area of effect shockwave that will send nearby enemies flying.
- Radar - highlights enemies in the surrounding area.
- Life Support - provides more hazard resistance.
- Paint jobs - customizable depending on environmental circumstances.
Upgrades to the ND1 Nomad require element resources to craft.
- Advanced Detection Systems
- Advanced Life Support
- Agility Mode
- Defensive Fortification
- Emergency Shield Discharge
- Improved Boost
- Improved Shield Regeneration
- As of 4/24/2017, this upgrade is still bugged. It doesn't appear on the upgrade list, preventing you from completing the associated Task.