When the Alliance's Offensive Handgun Project received funding to update one of its designs, its engineers chose to redesign the already impressive Phalanx pistol. Like its predecessor, the Eagle is a compact, fully automatic pistol that delivers unprecedented accuracy and punch with a rapid firing rate. The Eagle is named after the Desert Eagle, a classic handgun which gained a romantic reputation among gun collectors, thanks to its popularity in 20th- and 21st-century Earth action movies.
- Weapons are randomly rewarded through purchases of item packs. The N7 Eagle is categorized as ultra-rare.
Player Notes Edit
- It is recommended to pair the Eagle with another weapon and not rely on it as a solo weapon because its nature as an automatic gun limits its use at long ranges.
- The Eagle's overall damage per second and recoil is noticeably worse than that of the M-3 Predator, but it has a 9-round larger clip and double the spare ammo capacity, meaning that it will by far outlast it in a firefight. It is, however, slightly heavier than the Predator (featuring the same weight as an M-5 Phalanx of the same level).
- It is best used as a secondary weapon in conjunction with a long-range effective, low capacity weapon, where it will contrast the other weapon's strong-points and keep the user protected until they can retrieve more clips for their other weapon.
- However, the recoil issues can be countered by using the evolutions of Turian Veteran that increase stability, and playing as a Turian Sentinel or Turian Soldier. This means that it can be used very effectively as a medium-range weapon, or a long-range weapon with a scope. This setup is perfect for a player who wants an automatic, relatively hard-hitting weapon that works well at all ranges without sacrificing a low power cooldown time.
- The Eagle works well in the hands of a Turian Soldier. Marksman can make the weapon very powerful against unshielded enemies at close range, resulting in racking headshot after headshot in very quick succession.
- Using a Barrel and Piercing mod combo will make it more powerful, and effective against Guardians, while a Magazine Upgrade/Piercing mod combo will allow for a high number of shots to be fired onto enemies for very easy kills.
- The N7 Eagle I now has a default clip size of 24 rounds (43 with magazine capacity mod), and 192 spare, allowing for more shooting and less reloading with a piercing/barrel mod setup. Combined with a 20% damage increase this allows the Eagle to be a viable choice over the Avenger, Vindicator, Phaeston, or Geth Pulse Rifle since these guns function at similar ranges. It also makes the Eagle the highest capacity pistol in the game.
- Due to its higher damage per round/stopping power, a lower fire rate than most other fully automatic weapons (causing minimal crosshair bloom), low recoil, and spray while firing from cover, the N7 Eagle can quickly and efficiently eliminate trooper-level enemies with a series of headshots at moderately longer ranges.
- The Eagle becomes devastating when used by N7 Destroyer Soldier. With the magazine bonuses from Devastator Mode and the Magazine Upgrade mod the Eagle can have over 50 rounds in a clip. Combining this with the Destroyer's rate of fire bonuses means the Eagle shoots nearly as fast as a stock Revenant while sporting comparable damage, but with the benefit of accuracy and minimal recoil.