Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War is an optional gameplay system in Mass Effect 3 that will allow the player to manage Commander Shepard's resources in the galactic war against the Reapers. Galaxy at War directly affects the state of the war effort in single-player, and can determine how the final confrontation of Mass Effect 3 plays out. Access to Galaxy at War requires an Online Pass which is included in new copies of Mass Effect 3.
Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War provides a strategic outline of the state of the galaxy in the midst of the war against the Reapers. A color-coded map displays the player's progress in the conflict. The goal of Galaxy at War is to prepare the galaxy for a counterattack to defeat the Reapers; the level of preparation will determine the outcome of that battle. Using Galaxy at War is optional and the same outcomes can be achieved by playing only the single-player.
Galactic Readiness Edit
Galactic Readiness measures Commander Shepard's influence and ability to utilize the galaxy's resources. The higher the Galactic Readiness level is, the more prepared Shepard's forces will be for the final confrontation against the Reapers.
War Assets Edit
War Assets are the resources of the galactic war effort. Players can acquire different War Assets, including armies, fleets, and radar stations, and deploy them in the galaxy to increase the Galactic Readiness rating.
There are multiple ways to interact with Galaxy at War that will affect the Galactic Readiness rating. Aside from cooperative multiplayer, additional interfaces on iOS and Facebook are planned, each with their own "hooks".
Cooperative Multiplayer Edit
- Main article: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer
Mass Effect 3's cooperative multiplayer mode ties directly into Galaxy at War. Success in co-op rewards players with an increased Galactic Readiness rating, and level 20 characters can be promoted to become a War Asset in single-player.
Mass Effect: Infiltrator Edit
- Main article: Mass Effect: Infiltrator
- Cerberus Escapees War Assets which increase the player's overall military strength by a maximum of 120 points :
- Collect, trade and upload Intel Points to increase the Galactic Readiness rating. Like others similar bonuses, uploaded intels are a temporary bonus because Galactic Readiness will decay over time.
Mass Effect 3: Datapad Edit
- Main article: Mass Effect 3: Datapad
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8481789/1
- ↑ http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9818-BioWare-Releases-Mass-Effect-3-Co-Op-Trailer;-Confirms-More-Playable-Races.html
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/12/mass-effect-3s-multiplayer-tied-to-online-pass/
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9814-Here-s-Everything-You-Need-to-Know-About-Mass-Effect-3%E2%80%99s-Co-Op-Mode.html