Mass Effect 3: Datapad is a free app for iOS devices, released on March 12, 2012. Datapad allows players to check the status of the galaxy map in Mass Effect 3 and receive messages from characters. Datapad also contains a Codex, as well as a mini-game that interacts with the Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War system. Datapad is not compatible with Mass Effect 3: Special Edition for Wii U.
Alliance News Edit
The Alliance News section of the app includes an official Mass Effect news feed as well as the official Mass Effect and BioWare Twitter feeds.
Note: Only available on the English version.
- Main article: Mail (Mass Effect: Datapad)
In the Mail section, the user can receive text messages from various characters from Mass Effect 3 as the player completes missions in the game. These messages are stored locally and can be received again after being deleted.
Media includes a selection of screenshots and videos from Mass Effect 3.
Galaxy at War Edit
- See also: N7 HQ
The Galaxy at War system of the app allowed the player to access a mini-game where they ware able to monitor and increase their Galaxy Readiness Rating. Since June 6, 2013, this mini-game has been replaced by a simplified browser-based version of the game accessible via the N7 HQ. The app version of the mini-game featured a specific credit and evolution mechanism to improve the effectiveness of your fleet wihch have been removed in the new version.
In this version of the mini-game, users could then view their Galaxy at War Readiness Rating as well as deploy fleets to various locations in the galaxy for credits and an increase in Readiness for the associated theater. Once a fleet is deployed, the player must wait out the duration of the mission (which can be shortened by your upgrades), after which the credits can be collected. You will also earn a Galactic Readiness bonus according to the level of your fleets. Depending on their shield level, there is a degree of probability that the fleets become unavailable for several times after the mission.
The missions take place in fifteen different locations distributed over five main theaters of operations. Each mission is of either short, medium or long duration; a specific reward will be granted according to this level.
This missions characteristics and rewards are:
- Duration of the mission (depending on your upgrades) - The shortest durations available are: short: 1 hour, medium: 3 hours, or long: 6 hours.
- Reward (credits) - The rewards available are: short: 75 credits, medium: 600 credits, or long: 1,125 credits.
- Reward (galactic readiness) (depending on your upgrades) - The best rewards available are: short: +2,80%, medium: +2,98%, or long: +3,17% for the associated theater.
The evolution mechanism for your fleet is based on the credits you earned that can be used to purchase various upgrades:
- Speed reduces the time it takes to complete missions.
- Fleets purchases additional fleets (up to five).
- Shielding reduces the chance of a fleet being crippled.
- Bonus Readiness Rating earns additional readiness rating per mission.
There are ten levels available for the Speed, Shielding and Readiness upgrades, and three levels of the Fleets upgrade, each level increasing the effect of the upgrade, but costing more.
Once all basic upgrades have been purchased, advanced and expensive upgrades become available:
- Galactic Command Coordination: Allows the player to earn significant additional readiness rating per mission.
There are three levels of Galactic Command Coordination available, the first level costing 10,000 credits, the second 25,000 and the third 40,000 credits.
The Codex section of the app includes a portion of the Mass Effect 3 Codex.
- ↑ http://www.ripten.com/2012/02/08/mass-effect-3-info-blowout-includes-infiltrator-datapad-functionality-with-ios/
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5883150/receive-texts-from-mass-effect-characters-with-the-mass-effect-datapad-app
- ↑ http://www.newsarama.com/games/mass-effect-3-mars-mission-hands-on-120208.html
- ↑ http://www.shacknews.com/article/76695/mass-effect-3-special-edition-wii-u-review
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-06-ea-retires-mass-effect-3-datapad-app
|Mass Effect Series|
|Mass Effect Trilogy||Mass Effect (CE, ♫) • Mass Effect 2 (CE, ♫) • Mass Effect 3 (CE, ♫, Multiplayer) • Trilogy|
|Mobile Games||Mass Effect Galaxy • Mass Effect: Infiltrator • Mass Effect 3: Datapad|
|Downloadable Content||Mass Effect • Mass Effect 2 • Mass Effect 3|
|Books||Revelation • Ascension • Retribution • Deception|
|Comics|| Redemption • Evolution • Invasion • Homeworlds • Foundation • Incursion • Inquisition|
Conviction • Blasto: Eternity is Forever • He Who Laughs Best • Library Edition
|Films||Paragon Lost (♫) • Mass Effect|