Multiplayer missions consist of pitting the player and up to three allies against waves of enemies on various battlefields throughout the Heleus Cluster. The number of waves is seven by default. As in Mass Effect 3, some waves are completed by killing all the enemies, whereas objective waves have a time limit. After completing the objective, remaining enemies have to be eliminated to finish the wave. Each objective awards a certain amount of XP depending on the speed of completion. The mission fails if the timer expires before the objective is completed or all players go down.
On the last wave, all players must defend against the enemy for a set time period, then retreat to the designated extraction zone within the time limit.
All multiplayer missions have four challenge difficulties, in order from easiest to hardest: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Higher difficulties feature stronger and more numerous enemies, as well as difficult enemy types in earlier waves and in larger numbers, but also grant better rewards.
Custom missions Edit
Regular missions grant credits and XP. Players may customize the map, enemy type, and difficulty.
APEX Missions Edit
APEX Missions are the type of Strike Team Mission that can alternatively be completed as a multiplayer mission. Multiplayer credits and XP can be earned only if the mission is completed as a multiplayer match, whereas Mission Funds and Pathfinder rewards are earned regardless of the manner of completion.
APEX Missions have preset modifiers, typically reducing effectiveness in some areas (such as weak point damage or shields) and increasing it in others. There are two types of APEX Mission: some refresh daily, like other Strike Team Missions, whereas special APEX Missions may be available for a limited period of a few days.
Depending on whether the mission modifier increases or decreases player effectiveness, there is a penalty or bonus to XP and credits compared to the respective regular multiplayer missions. For limited-time missions, the rewards may include a special pack in the store.
As opposed to having dedicated servers, Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer employs a peer-to-peer system like Mass Effect 3. There are currently no plans for supporting cross-platform play. The multiplayer mode is not region-locked, although the matchmaking system prefers towards good connection.
Character Customization Edit
Characters' appearance, weapons, and equipment can be customized between matches, and additional equipment can be obtained by purchasing packs and items from the store. Characters can be assigned custom names in the APEX HQ app or in-game. These custom names are not visible to other players.
List of CharactersEdit
- 26 characters were available at launch
- Angara Avenger (ultra-rare)
- Angara Insurgent (rare)
- Asari Adept (uncommon)
- Asari Duelist (ultra-rare)
- Asari Huntress (rare)
- Asari Sentinel (uncommon)
- Human Adept (male and female; common)
- Human Engineer (male and female; common)
- Human Infiltrator (male and female; common)
- Human Sentinel (male and female; common)
- Human Kineticist (ultra-rare)
- Human Soldier (male and female; common)
- Human Vanguard (male and female; common)
- Krogan Engineer (uncommon)
- Krogan Mercenary (rare)
- Krogan Vanguard (uncommon)
- Salarian Infiltrator (uncommon)
- Salarian Operator (ultra-rare)
- Turian Havoc Trooper (rare)
- Turian Soldier (uncommon)
- 8 characters added since launch
- Krogan Gladiator (ultra-rare)
- Salarian Architect (rare)
- Turian Agent (rare)
- Angara Exemplar (ultra-rare)
- Batarian Scrapper (rare)
- Batarian Vanguard (ultra-rare)
- Human Juggernaut (rare)
- Human Artificer (rare)
Mass Effect: Andromeda introduces permanent bonuses to characters through a mechanic called Prestige. Each character is associated with a group of bonus stats; progressing a particular stat will, up to a limit, apply the related bonus to all multiplayer characters. Like other types of online progress, these bonuses do not apply to additional accounts or platforms.
Bonus Stats Edit
The following table lists the characters per Bonus Stat. Any XP gained with a character, regardless of the character's level or rank, counts towards the related stat. Each stat starts from level 0 and can be upgraded to a max level of 10.
|All Power Recharge Speeds|| Angara Avenger|
|Health & Shield Regen Delay Reduction|| Asari Sentinel|
|Health Regeneration Cap|| Asari Adept|
|Max Health|| Human Kineticist|
Turian Havoc Trooper
|Max Shields|| Asari Duelist|
- APEX: Earn a higher APEX Rating by gaining character levels, unlocking higher weapon levels, defeating challenges, extracting from matches, finishing missions, and resetting a character's level (25 points).
- Challenge: Earn Challenge points by completing tutorial missions, accomplishments, APEX Mastery, Map Mastery, APEX Rating, killing foes of each faction, and weapon mastery which includes; pistols, shotguns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, combatives, biotics, and tech points. Currently the Tech Challenge is uncompletable due to the Stealth Grid Use Challenge being broken.
The store sells multiplayer equipment and item packs, and distributes special rewards earned. Contents of these packs include weapon upgrades, mods, character unlocks, and more. Packs may be purchased with in-game credits earned through gameplay, or alternatively with real currency. Mission Funds, a new currency earned through Strike Team Missions, can be used to purchase particular items in the multiplayer store.
Multiplayer Maps Edit
Firebase Maps Edit
- Firebase Aqua
- Firebase Derelict
- Firebase Icebreaker
- Firebase Magma
- Firebase Sandstorm
- Firebase Paradox
- Firebase Vertigo
- Firebase Zero
Specialized Maps (currently available in weekly missions only) Edit
See Also Edit
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/838545536626081792
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/838920682457137152
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/825089636540284928
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/840003377295708160
- ↑ https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/838169001230491648
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/840008864313540609
|Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer and APEX HQ|
|Common||Human Adept • Human Engineer • Human Infiltrator • Human Sentinel • Human Soldier • Human Vanguard|
|Uncommon||Asari Adept • Asari Sentinel • Krogan Engineer • Krogan Vanguard • Salarian Infiltrator • Turian Soldier|
|Rare||Angara Insurgent • Asari Huntress • Batarian Scrapper • Human Artificer • Human Juggernaut • Krogan Mercenary • Salarian Architect • Turian Agent • Turian Havoc Trooper|
|Ultra-Rare||Angara Avenger • Angara Exemplar • Asari Duelist • Batarian Vanguard • Human Kineticist • Krogan Gladiator • Salarian Operator|