|Abilities||Create Armor Plating|
|Locations||Menae, Mahavid, Namakli, 2181 Despoina, Tuchanka, Cyone, Lesuss, Thessia, Horizon, Earth|
Marauders are harvested turians that command and protect other Reaper troops. The lean, armored creatures present a significant threat in and of themselves, but they are especially dangerous when leading a Reaper task force.
Alliance marines have observed marauders fortifying husks and cannibals by enveloping them in a ribbon of energy that forms a scabby shell of armor. For this reason, when Alliance soldiers encounter a marauder alongside husks or cannibals, standing orders are to target the marauder first.
Marauders are armed with Phaeston assault rifles, which they fire at short to medium range in several-second bursts. Up close, they can also use them to gun-butt their enemies. They can also execute downed players with a stomp.
Marauders have moderate health and shielding. They also have the ability to coat Husks and Cannibals in scab-like armour plating, which must be shot off in order to damage them. Like with other enemies, headshots will inflict 40% more damage on them. They can also dodge attacks by performing combat rolls.
- It is advisable to make Marauders a priority unless there are Brutes or Banshees around. Marauders that are not busy firing or taking cover will give armored plating to Husks and Cannibals. This process takes several seconds and has a distinctive sound and look. Any damage to either the Marauder or the recipient will interrupt it.
- On Normal difficulty, it is possible to make a one-hit kill with a sniper rifle by performing a headshot paired with Adrenaline Rush and a suitable ammo type.
- Marauders can also be killed by a single charged shot from the Venom Shotgun, even on Insanity.
- With multiple weapon upgrades (and in certain circumstances or harder difficulties, armour) or rail amps, Infiltrators and turian or human Soldiers can be lethal. An Infiltrator can use Tactical Cloak to kill off Marauders in just one shot (although not on Gold) with one of the high-power sniper rifles. A Turian Soldier can use Marksman to increase headshot damage by 25% through the Rank 5 "Headshots" evolution, or a Human Soldier can use Adrenaline Rush to increase damage by 45-65% damage. Both options achieve the same results.
- Marauders have moderate shielding that can be eliminated through a single use of Overload or Energy Drain. Follow up with a powerful weapon such as the M-98 Widow or M-92 Mantis to kill them with a single headshot. This works on any difficulty.
- Marauders are less likely to avoid attacks with combat rolls if they are staggered by gunfire, in close proximity to the player, or focused on another target.
- The Marauders are the only enemy of the Reaper faction with ranged attacks that use weapons that were designed by the people of the galaxy. Cannibals and Ravagers use weapons that are extensions of their own bodies, Banshees use biotic powers, and Collectors use their own specialized weaponry.
- Their use of shields, as opposed to barriers or armor used by other Reaper units, is also unique.
- In combat, Marauders function as a sort of squad leader, similar to the Cerberus Centurion and Collector Captain.
|Mass Effect 3 Enemies|
|CAT6||Brooks • CAT6 Heavy • CAT6 Sniper • CAT6 Specialist • Clone • Disruption Drone|
|Cerberus||Adjutant • Assault Trooper • Atlas • Centurion • Combat Engineer • Dragoon • Dr. Eva • Guardian • Kai Leng • Legion Assassin • Nemesis • Phantom • Rampart Mech • Turret|
|Collectors||Abomination (Possessed) • Collector Captain (Possessed) • Collector Trooper (Possessed) • Collector Web • Praetorian (Possessed) • Scion (Possessed) • Seeker Swarm (Plague)|
|Geth||Combat Drone • Geth Bomber • Geth Hunter • Geth Prime • Geth Pyro • Geth Rocket Trooper • Geth Trooper • Geth Turret|
|Reapers||Banshee • Brute • Cannibal • Harvester • Husk • Marauder • Ravager • Swarmer|