Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ML-77 Missile Launcher|
|Fire Rate||80 RPM|
|Reload Time||N/A s|
|Shots Per Clip||N/A|
|Maximum Spare Ammo Capacity||Default||15|
|Upgraded||17 - 28|
|Both||18 - 30|
|Ammo Pickup Amount||6|
Rapid-fire missile launcher with seeking projectiles. Effective against armor, shields, and biotic barriers.
Missile launchers are surfacing with increasing frequency among the Terminus Systems mercenary bands, but their origin is unknown. Each projectile features a friend-or-foe recognition system, ensuring it will find a hostile target -- though not necessarily the one in the crosshairs. In urban situations, it is useful for taking out snipers and other entrenched enemies, so it is popular with the Blue Suns mercenary band. It is nearly impossible to duplicate, as it uses Fabrication Rights Management (FRM) technology.
Unlocked at the Normandy research station after one Heavy Weapon Ammo upgrade has been researched. Costs 5,000 iridium.
Player Notes Edit
- A general-purpose weapon, very useful in some situations.
- The homing nature of the ML-77's missiles also makes indirect fire possible; precise aiming or line-of-sight is not required to hit a target. This is especially useful for fighting large, heavily-armed enemies such as Gunships or YMIR Mechs which can deal considerable damage to an unprotected player and often move around.
- Missiles do take some time to reach their target so time shots appropriately.
- While each missile deals only moderate damage, the ML-77 can carry more than twenty missiles when fully upgraded and can fire them rapidly.
- The ML-77 Missile Launcher is featured in the Mass Effect 2 Official Cinematic Trailer.
- The comment in the weapon description which points out the weapon's Fabrication Rights Management (FRM) technology may be a reference to digital rights management (DRM), a controversial set of measures which is employed to inhibit uses of digital content that are not desired or intended by the content provider.
- In Mass Effect 3, the ML-77 was originally intended to be available for the player, as many pre-release gameplay videos show Shepard using it, but data still remains on the game's code in the form of spreadsheet statistical data and other heavy weapons that were cut. Because of this, it only appears in the hands of Geth Rocket Troopers.
See Also Edit
|Mass Effect 2 Weapons|
|Heavy Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-6 Carnifex • M-5 Phalanx|
|Submachine Guns||M-4 Shuriken • M-9 Tempest • M-12 Locust|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • M-27 Scimitar • M-300 Claymore • M-22 Eviscerator • Geth Plasma Shotgun|
|Assault Rifles||M-8 Avenger • M-15 Vindicator • Geth Pulse Rifle • M-76 Revenant • Collector Assault Rifle • M-96 Mattock|
|Sniper Rifles||M-92 Mantis • M-97 Viper • M-98 Widow • M-29 Incisor|
|Heavy Weapons||M-100 Grenade Launcher • ML-77 Missile Launcher • M-622 Avalanche • M-920 Cain • Collector Particle Beam • M-490 Blackstorm • M-451 Firestorm • Arc Projector|