Produced by Elanus Risk Control Services for the Eclipse mercenary band, the Tempest is an expensive but deadly addition to anyone's personal arsenal. This fully automatic submachine gun is punishing up close, but becomes less accurate at long range.
The M-9 Tempest can be found during the mission Tuchanka: Turian Platoon, next to the turian bodies after killing the first group of husks. (It is purchasable from Kassa Fabrication post-mission if it was missed.)
Player Notes Edit
- The Tempest is a submachine gun that has several strengths. The Tempest has a moderately fast rate of fire, a good clip capacity, average accuracy, and moderate damage for its class. Its rate of fire means it is deadly at close range. It does more damage than the Locust, and the Shuriken, though the Shuriken inflicts it faster.
- The main drawback with the Tempest is its heavy recoil, even when used in cover. Burst-firing is highly recommended at medium to long range combat; otherwise you will waste a lot of shots. Another drawback is it reloads slower than the other submachine guns, which can prove costly if enemies start drawing closer upon reloading.
- The recoil, however, can be mitigated by holding the gun towards a downward direction while pressing the trigger. To manage this easier, fire from cover or have an SMG Scope attached.
- Marksman further increases the already quick rate of fire of the Tempest, at the cost of even heavier recoil. With this power, this beats the Geth Pulse Rifle in terms of rate of fire and damage.
- Because the Tempest is fairly light, though slightly heavier than the Shuriken, it doesn't really benefit from the Ultralight Materials mod, though it helps when using a second weapon with it. The scope is also fairly weak since it recoils heavily and will still affect your aiming. The space would be better occupied by a SMG High Caliber Barrel, in order to up the DPS by a bit.