Produced by Elanus Risk Control Services for the Eclipse mercenary band, the Tempest is an expensive but deadly addition to anyone's personal arsenal. This fully automatic submachine gun is punishing up close, but becomes less accurate at long range.
Player Notes Edit
- A Tempest attached with an SMG Magazine Upgrade and an SMG Heat Sink provides the second longest suppressive fire (without the need to reload), only beaten by the Geth Plasma SMG. Upgrading the mods mentioned further increases the time it can be fired before the magazine empties. Upgrading the Tempest increases its damage. Although the Geth Plasma SMG fires faster and has a bigger magazine, it needs to spin up to reach its peak rate of fire, thus limiting its flexibility.
- The recoil can be drastically reduced (but not eliminated) by playing as a Turian Sentinel or a Turian Soldier and evolving Turian Veteran to reduce recoil. This makes it far better than the M-12 Locust or the M-4 Shuriken.
- A Turian Soldier is particularly effective with the Tempest, able to utilise its Marksman ability to shred through enemies even on Gold.
- When equipped with a SMG Recoil Dampener, the Tempest becomes a fabulous all-round weapon, and is decently effective at long range. When equipped with a SMG High Velocity barrel, it becomes a veritable powerhouse against targets such as Brutes, Banshees, and Atlases. This combination is perfect for power-oriented classes, since even without the Ultralight Materials Mod (which cannot be equipped at the same time as the Recoil Dampener) it is quite light. Essentially, the Recoil Dampener and High Velocity Barrel can turn the Tempest into a weapon that is noticeably superior to most of the lighter assault rifles (such as the M-8 Avenger, Geth Pulse Rifle, Phaeston).
- A Turian Soldier utilizing Marksman with its Accuracy maxed, or an N7 Destroyer Soldier with Devastator Mode maxed for Accuracy bonuses can turn the Tempest into a very effective long range weapon. Combine this with a Recoil Dampener and you have a weapon that fires with pinpoint accuracy, allowing for constant headshots.