The Mantis is a powerful sniper rifle able to take out most targets in a single shot. It's incredibly accurate at long range, but rate of fire is slow. Manufactured by Devlon Industries, the Mantis is primarily used by police and planetary militia groups.
The M-92 Mantis is automatically given to Infiltrators at the beginning of Priority: Mars. Otherwise, find it on a dead Alliance soldier after dropping off the first ledge. (It is not purchasable from a shop if missed during the mission.)
Player Notes Edit
- A fully upgraded Mantis can make for an extremely powerful weapon and is more than capable of killing most enemies in one or two shots. While outclassed by the Widow's Armor piercing and damage, it makes up that deficit with a combination of accuracy and a lighter weight. This allows it to be paired with a light SMG or Geth Pulse Rifle, which is especially useful for biotic classes where the weight can affect power recharge. However, just as with other sniper rifles, it will do about half the normal damage if it shot without aiming with the scope.
- The M-92 Mantis is a single shot sniper rifle, requiring a reload after each shot. So be sure to make every precious shot count.
- A "quick reload" or "reload-cancel" can be performed by either using a power, sprinting very briefly or entering/exiting cover, after a round has been loaded into the chamber (about halfway through the reload: visual indicator is a '1' on the ammo indicator, audible indicator is the first "Sshck" sound played). The reload sequence will appear to halt, but the rifle will be loaded and ready to fire.
- As with most of the sniper rifles, it has pin-point accuracy, meaning where you aim is where your bullet will go.
- As with all sniper rifles, it suffers from being heavy to carry, and will hinder any player who prefers to use powers frequently.
- Until you can level up the Mantis with additional spare clip capacity, or acquire the spare thermal clip mod, ammo is very scarce.