The Avenger is a common, versatile, military-grade assault rifle manufactured by the Elkoss Combine. It's accurate when fired in short bursts, and deadly when fired on full auto. The modular design and inexpensive components of the Avenger make it a favorite of military groups and mercenaries alike. The rifle has a reputation for being tough, reliable, easy to use, and easy to upgrade.
The M-8 Avenger can be found after the Reapers begin their invasion of Earth, next to the radio. Shepard picks it up in a cutscene if the player does not do so.
Player Notes Edit
- Compared to its Mass Effect 2 counterpart, the Avenger now fires slower and fires fewer shots per thermal clip. In return, it has better mid-to-long range accuracy.
- The Avenger is a balanced and flexible rifle capable of moderate damage at any range. It is an accurate rifle, capable of hitting targets at long or close range.
- The Avenger is a good weapon for any class; it's lightweight, deals steady damage, is reasonably accurate and packs a considerable amount of ammo. Equip the Avenger with a magazine upgrade and the extended barrel mod to allow a significant damage output without having to reload.
- The Avenger has a quick reload for an assault rifle.
- One of the great things about the Avenger is that it has no major weakness, but it has no major strength. Its only real issue is its relatively low damage compared to other assault rifles. On higher difficulties, it might be wise to abandon the Avenger for a different rifle.
- The Avenger's low damage can be offset by its ease of landing headshots while in cover thanks to its high accuracy and low recoil.