The M7-Lancer [sic] is a rare collector's item that was introduced shortly after the First Contact War. The Lancer has been refurbished by an unknown master weaponsmith, and it now uses the higher velocity rounds of today's weaponry. It does not need heat sinks, instead utilizing weapon heat-generation from an earlier era. Few of these finely crafted weapons are in existence.
Player Notes Edit
- The M-7 Lancer works similarly to the Particle Rifle. It has a infinite magazine size but unlimited reserve ammo, and will overheat if a magazine is emptied. It will regenerate its magazine while it is not being fired, unless it is empty.
- An Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade may provide between 16 and 32 extra rounds, giving the rifle a greater sustained fire before pausing to recharge its magazine.
- The Lancer fires in a similar manner to the M-8 Avenger, but has greater damage and recoil. The Stability Damper mod will help bring its accuracy more in line with the Avenger.
- The Lancer is among the lightest assault rifles in the game, on par with the Phaeston. Pair this with its unending ammo supply, and it makes a good weapon for classes aimed at using powers on a regular basis.
- When the Lancer is overheated, activating Marksman or Adrenaline Rush can automatically make the gun start regenerating its magazine.