The Paladin is a reliable, durable weapon developed by law enforcement looking for a high-powered but easily concealed sidearm for undercover agents. Surprisingly small for its hitting power, the Paladin is a variant on the Carnifex pistol. While it has a smaller clip than the Carnifex, its shots are unquestionably more powerful.
Player Notes Edit
- Much like the Carnifex, the Paladin is a heavy pistol with a low rate of fire, but very high damage; this allows you to easily pick off targets at long range, but also leaves you more vulnerable at short range.
- The Paladin has one of the highest power-to-weight ratios in the game, making it an ideal backup weapon for classes reliant on powers such as Adepts and Engineers.
- This gun is also ideally used as a sidearm for players whose primary weapon has a higher rate of fire and larger clip size (such as assault rifle-wielding Soldiers).
- Infiltrators already wielding powerful, slow-firing weapons, such as the Black Widow and Mantis sniper rifles, would not gain much additional benefit from the Paladin.
- The Paladin is also a very effective weapon against shields and armor even without the Piercing Mod, able to take down most enemies at lower difficulties with only one shot.
- Recommended mods are the Thermal Clip mod (which, at level V, can upgrade the Paladin's capacity to five shots) and the High Caliber Barrel mod.