The M-76 Revenant unleashes a storm of deadly high-velocity slugs. It has low accuracy but a high thermal clip capacity, and packs considerable firepower. This custom-made machine gun features technology not widely available. Protected against replication by sophisticated Fabrication Rights Management (FRM) technology, only the richest and most powerful warlords can afford the Revenant.
The M-76 Revenant can be found during the mission Priority: The Citadel II, inside the C-Sec locker room's bathroom. The bathroom is on the left side of the room with the activated fire sprinklers. (It is also purchasable from Kassa Fabrication post-mission if it was missed.)
Player Notes Edit
- The weapon functions in a similar manner as it did in Mass Effect 2, but it carries 20 fewer rounds per magazine, reloads slower, has substantially reduced accuracy and has even harsher recoil.
- The M-76 Revenant has one of the highest capacities of all assault rifles, beaten only by the Geth Pulse Rifle and N7 Typhoon. This makes the Revenant great at laying down suppressing fire and at dealing with large groups of enemies. Its ability to put many rounds downrange makes it reliant on the "spray and pray" method of combat,
- The Revenant slows its user down to a walking pace while it's being fired, whether zoomed in or not. Conversely, there is no decrease in speed for zooming in.
- Ashley Williams is an excellent squadmate to equip with the Revenant. Her Marksman power can increase the rate-of-fire of this weapon, and improving her damage makes this already powerful weapon better.
- Because of its classification as a Light Machine Gun, the Revenant is very heavy. As a result, this has a highly detrimental effect to any player who likes to use their powers extensively, or relies on them in combat.
- Because of its rapid fire capability, the Revenant has extremely high recoil. This makes the weapon difficult to use without cover, or in long range engagements. To counter this, employ Assault Rifle Stability Damper weapon upgrades and/or focus on being in cover and using burst fire, not full auto, to attack enemies. You can hit medium to long range targets if you can compensate for the recoil. Combining this with the Assault Rifle Precision Scope and firing from cover can make it a surprisingly accurate and stable weapon (with a sufficient number of upgrades to the weapon and the mods). Power classes may want to use this build in place of a sniper, combining it with a lightweight SMG as a backup weapon.
- Because of the nature of the Revenant, the weapon has an extremely long reload time. If you are in enemy territory or surrounded when you need to reload, this issue can prove fatal if you don't have a backup weapon. However a Soldier can mitigate this problem with a well-timed Adrenaline Rush to reload instantly.