Mass Effect 2 Edit
The Carnifex is a favored sidearm of mercenary leaders and Eclipse mercenary tech specialists. An expensive but powerful weapon. Its marketing materials feature a charging krogan with the slogan "Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?"
The M-6 can be obtained while recruiting Mordin Solus on Omega. Mordin gives it to Shepard when the Commander arrives at the med clinic and mentions that it was recovered from a dead Blue Suns mercenary.
Squad Use Edit
Player Notes Edit
- Serves as a high-calibre, high-recoil "Magnum" type pistol of Mass Effect 2.
- Although dealing increased damage over the M-3, the M-6 has:
- A slower firing rate
- Much more recoil and a slower recovery rate
- Less magazine and less spare ammo capacity.
- The M-6 deals a total of 2,049.6 damage as opposed to the M-3's 2,678.4 total damage. These values are based on base damage values and default ammo counts.
- Using Cryo Ammo may help to offset the Carnifex's very low ammo supply, as frozen enemies take twice as much damage and therefore fewer shots to kill.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
Mass Effect: Andromeda Edit
A heavy semi-automatic pistol, the powerful Carnifex was the preferred choice of Milky Way mercenaries. An expensive weapon, its marketing materials featured a charging krogan alongside the tagline "Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?"
- Carnifex means "butcher" in Latin - literally, "a maker of meat". Due to the tendency to employ butchers as public executioners, the word carnifex shifted from its original meaning and came to mean both a butcher and an executioner.
- The appearance is based on the alternate pistol in Mass Effect.
- The pistol has "Magnus" (Latin for "great") written on its side. This is a possible reference to highly powerful 'magnum' cartridges, which are enlarged versions of other existing cartridges, and possess immense stopping power.
- The M-77 Paladin and M-11 Suppressor are variants of the Carnifex.
- During Mass Effect 3, in the course of unsuccessfully trying to persuade Mordin Solus to sabotage the genophage cure, the Commander threatens him with a Carnifex, the same weapon Mordin offered Shepard as a sign of goodwill in Mass Effect 2. This happens regardless of which pistol the Commander has equipped at the time.
- The gun has a dial on the side with "Auto" written next to it, suggesting that the weapon can be fired full auto. This can be seen when modding in Mass Effect 3.
|Mass Effect: Andromeda Weapons|
|Pistols||M-3 Predator • M-5 Phalanx • M-25 Hornet • Acolyte • Carnifex • Charger • Equalizer • N7 Eagle • N7 Hurricane • Pathfinder Ranger • Rozerad • Scorpion • Sidewinder • Talon • Ushior|
|Shotguns||M-23 Katana • Dhan • Disciple • Hesh • N7 Crusader • N7 Piranha • Pathfinder Deep Impact • Reegar Carbine • Ruzad • Scattershot • Venom|
|Assault Rifles||M-8 Avenger • M-37 Falcon • M-96 Mattock • Cyclone • L-89 Halberd • N7 Valkyrie • Pathfinder Pioneer • P.A.W. • Revenant • Sandstorm • Soned • Sweeper • Thokin • X5 Ghost • Zalkin|
|Sniper Rifles||M-90 Indra • Black Widow • Incisor • Inferno • Isharay • Javelin • Lanat • Naladen • N7 Valiant • Pathfinder Observer • Raptor • Shadow • Vanquisher • Viper • Widow|
|Melee Weapons||Angaran Firaan • Asari Sword • Biotic Amplifier • Electric Firaan • Kett Carfalon • Kett Vakarsh • Krogan Hammer • Omni-Blade • Remnant Cryo-Gauntlet|