Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mass Effect 2 Edit
|Fire Rate||145 RPM|
|Reload Time||1.43 s|
|Shots Per Clip||6|
|Maximum Spare Ammo Capacity||Default||18|
|Ammo Pickup Amount||3 - 7|
The Carnifex is a favored sidearm of mercenary leaders and Eclipse mercenary tech specialists. An expensive but powerful weapon. Its marketing materials feature a charging krogan with the slogan "Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?"
The M-6 can be obtained while recruiting Mordin Solus on Omega. Mordin gives it to Shepard when the Commander arrives at the med clinic and mentions that it was recovered from a dead Blue Suns mercenary.
Squad Use Edit
Player Notes Edit
- Serves as a high-calibre, high-recoil "Magnum" type pistol of Mass Effect 2.
- Although dealing increased damage over the M-3, the M-6 has:
- A slower firing rate
- Much more recoil and a slower recovery rate
- Less magazine and less spare ammo capacity.
- The M-6 deals a total of 2,049.6 damage as opposed to the M-3's 2,678.4 total damage. These values are based on base damage values and default ammo counts.
- Using Cryo Ammo may help to offset the Carnifex's very low ammo supply, as frozen enemies take twice as much damage and therefore fewer shots to kill.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
- Carnifex means "butcher" in Latin - literally, "a maker of meat". Due to the tendency to employ butchers as public executioners, the word carnifex shifted from its original meaning and came to mean both a butcher and an executioner.
- The appearance is based on the alternate pistol in Mass Effect.
- The pistol has "Magnus" (Latin for "great") written on its side. This is a possible reference to highly powerful 'magnum' cartridges, which are enlarged versions of other existing cartridges, and possess immense stopping power.
- The M-77 Paladin and M-11 Suppressor are variants of the Carnifex.
- During Mass Effect 3, in the course of unsuccessfully trying to persuade Mordin Solus to sabotage the genophage cure, the Commander threatens him with a Carnifex, the same weapon Mordin offered Shepard as a sign of goodwill in Mass Effect 2. This happens regardless of which pistol the Commander has equipped at the time.
- The gun has a dial on the side with "Auto" written next to it, suggesting that the weapon can be fired full auto. This can be seen when modding in Mass Effect 3.