The Argus is a high-powered rifle favored by senior C-sec officers. An excellent close-range weapon, its bursts of fire ensure ammunition conservation during lengthy conflicts. Other law-enforcement agencies across the galaxy are adopting the Argus as their standard rifle, as much for its intimidation factor as its suppression power.
Player Notes Edit
- The Argus rifle's three-round burst firing mode experiences substantial vertical climb. To combat this, either install a recoil compensating modification or pull the rifle's aim down during the burst. The latter, when executed carefully, can make the weapon relatively accurate.
- As with other high-recoil weapons, the Argus benefits greatly from the accuracy bonus granted when shooting from cover.
- Despite its burst fire mode, the Argus fulfills a very different role to the M-15 Vindicator. Whilst the latter is effective at executing precise headshots at medium to long ranges, the Argus is most definitely NOT a long range weapon, and far more suited to taking down hardened units in close combat.
- Note also that the rifle's fire rate is substantially slower than the Vindicator's, both in burst refire time and the interval between individual shots.
- When a strong stability mod and the stability bonuses from Turian Veteran or high-level Barrage Upgrade are taken, however, accuracy will match that of the Vindicator. The Argus has higher base damage and better stopping power, but more weight.
- Damage is also higher than that of the Mattock, this in a sense makes the Argus a harder-to-control, burst fire version of the Harrier.
- The higher damage makes it benefit significantly from either barrel mod, but especially the piercing barrel, where it gains significant anti-armor capabilities and penetration potential. If combined with the piercing mod as well, the Argus will become a very proficient weapon against most foes. Just watch your fire, as your shots may go all over the place if you dont control your trigger finger.
- When paired with a Turian Soldier specced to weapon damage/accuracy and paired with Marksmanship/accuracy, you can make the Argus relatively accurate at range and still have room for piercing and barrel extension mods. This combination gives you an accurate heavy-hitting and fast-firing weapon that can snipe across the map when fired from cover. On the other hand, if you change Marksmanship to rate-of-fire you can fire off three shots comedically fast and might be able to hit your target before your gun remembers to recoil.