Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Fire Mode||Six-round burst|
As kinetic barriers have grown in popularity, so has the popularity of submachine guns. Manufactured by the Elkoss Combine, the Shuriken Machine Pistol fires six-round bursts with a high rate of fire.
The M-4 Shuriken is automatically given to Adepts and Engineers at the beginning of Priority: Mars. Otherwise, it can be found on a dead soldier in the security station. (It is not purchasable from a shop if missed during the mission.)
Player Notes Edit
- The Shuriken is a lightweight weapon, so it's useful for those who like to use their powers regularly. Its main strength are its six-round bursts, which allow it to do serious damage at close range if most of the shots are to the head. It also has a reasonable accuracy level at close range, has a fast burst fire rate, manageable muzzle climb, and moderate rate of fire overall.
- If the Shuriken is not used in cover, its recoil is quite high, meaning you could miss several shots in a burst if not adequately aimed.
- However, the Shuriken is surprisingly accurate when fired from cover, allowing for a full burst of headshots at short to medium ranges.
- One of its major weaknesses is its low damage level. This can make it difficult to employ on higher difficulties.
- The Shuriken can be modded with Ultralight Materials to reduce its weight down to a minimum of 2% weight. This can allow another lighter weapon to be combined with it such as the Disciple, Avenger or Katana and still maintain a high level of power usage.
- The Shuriken has a faster reload speed than other SMGs, meaning you can get back into the fight with minimal down time.
- The SMG Recoil System makes the Shuriken a very precise weapon, making it easy to consistently land headshots on enemies from a great distance.
- The Shuriken does not possess its hidden feature in Mass Effect 3, which is to continuously fire as long as the player repeatedly taps the trigger button rapidly.