As kinetic barriers have grown in popularity, so has the popularity of submachine guns. Manufactured by the Elkoss Combine, the Shuriken Machine Pistol fires six-round bursts with a high rate of fire.
Player Notes Edit
- The Shuriken is a lightweight weapon, so it's useful for those who like to use their powers regularly. Its main strengths are its six-round bursts, which allow it to do serious damage at close range if most of the shots are to the head. It also has a reasonable accuracy level at close range, has a fast burst fire rate, and moderate rate of fire overall.
- If the Shuriken is not used in cover, its recoil is quite high, meaning you could miss several shots in a burst if not adequately aimed.
- However, the Shuriken is surprisingly accurate when fired from cover, allowing for a full burst of headshots at short to medium ranges.
- One of its major weaknesses is its low damage level. This can make it difficult to employ on higher difficulties.
- The Shuriken can be combined with Ultralight Materials to reduce its weight down to a minimum of 2% weight. This can allow another lighter weapon to be combined with it such as the Disciple, Avenger or Katana and still maintain a high level of power usage.
- The Shuriken has a faster reload speed than other SMGs, meaning you can get back into the fight with minimal down time.
- The high recoil of the Shuriken can be negated if playing as a Turian Sentinel and evolving the Turian Veteran power to reduce recoil. This means that it is possible to get all six shots on the head of a target without much difficulty at medium range, allowing for much faster kills at that range.