A reliable, accurate sidearm. Manufactured by Elanus Risk Control, the Predator is valued as a powerful, deadly, and relatively inexpensive weapon. While it is not generally deployed in the military, it's still very popular in the Terminus Systems.
The Predator is given to Shepard by Admiral Anderson when the Reapers reach Earth.
Player Notes Edit
- The Predator is lightweight, meaning it is suitable for people who like to use their powers frequently.
- It has a decent clip size, with a default of 15 rounds. It also has a very fast fire rate, and is fairly accurate at all ranges, as long as you can deal with the (relatively low) recoil.
- Its main downside is its very low damage compared to other heavy pistols.
- However, it is a decent back-up weapon when you don't have time to switch to another weapon.
- The Predator's low damage is partially made up for with a very fast reload speed, on par with that of the M-4 Shuriken.
- When The M-3 Predator is received again through an imported Mass Effect 3 save in single-player, it is not automatically upgraded three levels as other weapons are, and the missing levels (from VIII to X) cannot be obtained through the upgrade terminal either. It is believed to be a bug, which can be circumvented via save file editing.