The Incisor is a sniper rifle designed to overload active defenses. Firing three rounds with each pull of the trigger, the Incisor was initially advertised as having negligible recoil, although under real combat conditions the second and third rounds frequently climb in difficulty. The noise of the burst is comparable to a single rifle shot in duration, making it no easier to locate the sniper by sound.
Player Notes Edit
- The Incisor is the only burst-fire sniper rifle in the game.
- Unlike in Mass Effect 2, the Incisor has a much slower burst fire, thus its description of "the noise of the burst is comparable to a single rifle shot in duration" is no longer true. It also affects in-game play: the enemy can now roll to evade the second and third rounds. Players should always anticipate this before shooting them.
- The main strength with the Incisor is its clip capacity and spare shot capacity. It can carry 15 shots per clip, and can have 220-260 rounds in reserve, making it extremely effective for long-term engagements or softening tougher enemies.
- The Incisor is also very light for a sniper rifle, making it a good long range option for any class without skimping too much on power recharge rate.
- The main problem with the Incisor is its low damage per shot. This means on higher difficulties, it can take several bursts just to down a basic trooper and that is not easy when enemies are moving around and shooting at you. Additionally, taking on harder enemies can be a chore since the low damage of the rifle renders it virtually ineffective.
- The second problem is recoil, which can throw off some your second and third rounds when firing.
- This weapon benefits greatly from the Marksman ability, as the increased rate of fire gives the weapon less time to recoil between shots.
- Due to the Incisor's low damage, you might want to consider using the Extended Barrel mod.
- The Incisor suffers the full unscoped sniper rifle damage penalty, limiting its effectiveness at close range.
- An effective strategy can be to aim high on enemies' chests. The first shots can slow down or stun an enemy, making it easier to line up the rest of the shots for the enemy's head with the assistance of the Incisor's recoil.