Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Manufactured by Ariake Technologies, the Scimitar features twin mass effect generators, giving it a more rapid rate of fire than a traditional shotgun. This weapon was created for the Eclipse mercenary band, but is rapidly becoming popular with Blood Pack Trooper mercs as well.
The M-27 Scimitar can be found during the mission Priority: Palaven, on the ground near the exit to the comm tower in the turian base camp. (It is also purchasable from Kassa Fabrication post-mission if it was missed.)
Player Notes Edit
- The Scimitar is a fully automatic shotgun, although it can be fired faster as a semi-automatic weapon.
- The Scimitar has an eight shot capacity and a good amount of reserve ammo. This makes the Scimitar more versatile in any fight than other shotguns, which either fire slower, or require a reload for every shot fired.
- The Scimitar is more effective at medium-range than the starting shotgun, the M-23 Katana.
- For players who struggle to keep their aim on moving targets at close range, the Scimitar can be a good solution, since its rapid fire and large magazine make it forgiving of missed shots, and it tends to stagger enemies when you do score a hit.
- For players that rely on melee combat, or who like close-quarters fighting, using the Blade Attachment is recommended. The Scimitar's fast rate-of-fire coupled with light melee attacks can devastate large groups of enemies in seconds.
- The main problem with this weapon is it has a lower level of damage than any other shotgun. Plainly, the Scimitar will require more shots to kill a target, compared to other shotguns.
- This trade-off in power is made up with its high rate-of-fire and the largest clip size of all the shotguns.
- For Soldier and Vanguard player classes, Incendiary Ammo's Explosive Burst final evolution effect is maximized with the Scimitar, as each individual sub-projectile has a chance to trigger Explosive Burst, and the Scimitar has one of the fastest rate of fire of all shotguns.
- The Scimitar's shot scatter takes a roughly X-shaped pattern. It's recommended to mod it with the Smart Choke to ensure the outer sub-projectiles have a higher chance of hitting the target to maximize damage.