Manufactured by Ariake Technologies, the Scimitar features twin mass effect generators, giving it a more rapid rate of fire than a traditional shotgun. This weapon was created for the Eclipse mercenary band, but is rapidly becoming popular with Blood Pack mercs as well.
Player Notes Edit
- The Scimitar is a fully automatic shotgun, although it can be fired faster as a semi-automatic weapon.
- The Scimitar has an eight shot capacity and a good amount of reserve ammo. This makes the Scimitar more versatile in any fight than other shotguns, which either fire slower, or require a reload for every shot fired.
- The Scimitar is more effective at medium-range than the starting shotgun, the M-23 Katana.
- For players who struggle to keep their aim on moving targets at close range, the Scimitar can be a good solution, since its rapid fire and large magazine make it forgiving of missed shots, and it tends to stagger enemies when you do score a hit.
- For players that rely on melee combat, or who like close-quarters fighting, using the Blade Attachment is recommended. The Scimitar's fast rate-of-fire coupled with light melee attacks can devastate large groups of enemies in seconds.
- The main problem with this weapon is it has a lower level of damage than any other shotgun. Plainly, the Scimitar will require more shots to kill a target, compared to other shotguns.
- This trade-off in power is made up with its high rate-of-fire and the largest clip size of all the shotguns.