Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mass Effect 2 Edit
|Fire Rate||48 RPM|
|Reload Time||1.5 s|
|Base Damage||27.5 (220)|
|Shots Per Clip||5|
|Maximum Spare Ammo Capacity||Default||10|
|Ammo Pickup Amount||2 - 3|
Common military shotgun. Deadly at short range, but ineffective at long range. Very effective versus shields and biotic barriers, but weak versus armor.
Squad Use Edit
Player Notes Edit
- With the availability of the M-22, the M-23 Katana is essentially obsolete from the beginning of the game.
- That being said, the Katana may still be preferred by Vanguards and Soldiers with shotgun-oriented playstyles due to its larger clip size (which is a major drawback for the Eviscerator) and its traditional, superior performance against shields and biotic barriers.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
- The appearance is somewhat similar to the alternate shotgun in Mass Effect.
- The Katana is likely named after a type of sword.
- The Katana shotgun has a unique draw and holster sound-effect. Instead of hearing the weapon "assembling" itself - as heard when drawing and holstering all other weapons in Mass Effect 3 - the Katana shotgun will sound like a katana blade being (un-)sheathed.