Mass Effect 2 Edit
|Fire Rate||48 RPM|
58 RPM 
|Reload Time||1.5 s|
|Base Damage||27.5 (220)|
|Shots Per Clip||5|
|Maximum Spare Ammo Capacity||Default||10|
|Ammo Pickup Amount||2 - 3|
Common military shotgun. Deadly at short range, but ineffective at long range. Very effective versus shields and biotic barriers, but weak versus armor.
Squad Use Edit
Player Notes Edit
- With the availability of the M-22, the M-23 Katana is essentially obsolete from the beginning of the game.
- That being said, the Katana may still be preferred by Vanguards and Soldiers with shotgun-oriented playstyles due to its larger clip size (which is a major drawback for the Eviscerator) and its traditional, superior performance against shields and biotic barriers.
Mass Effect 3 Edit
- The appearance is somewhat similar to the alternate shotgun in Mass Effect.
- The Katana is likely named after a type of sword.
- The Katana shotgun has a unique draw and holster sound-effect. Instead of hearing the weapon "assembling" itself - as heard when drawing and holstering all other weapons in Mass Effect 3 - the Katana shotgun will sound like a katana blade being (un-)sheathed.
See Also Edit