The Kassa Fabrications Model-12 Locust is a compact submachine gun developed for the Alliance but now favored by gang enforcers and hit men. Featuring a complex recoil-reducing mechanism and high-grade auto-targeting software, the Locust delivers longer range, more accurate fire than others in its class.
The M-12 Locust can be found during the mission Priority: Horizon, on a table before the terminal showing the proof that Henry Lawson works for the Illusive Man. (It is also purchasable from Kassa Fabrication post-mission if it was missed.)
Player Notes Edit
- The Locust has an average weight level, moderately-slow rate of fire, very high accuracy, and average clip capacity.
- The Locust's main strength is its flexibility. It has low recoil, and very high accuracy which allows the Locust to fire full auto even at long range, something no other SMG can do effectively. This means it is very capable of dispatching shielded enemies with little difficulty.
- As accurate as the Locust is, it has very low rate of fire, resulting in a low damage output, though this is partially remedied by its ability to keep putting headshots on target. As well as this, its slow rate of fire makes it a poor choice for close quarters, where the Tempest or Hornet would be far superior due to their faster fire rates.
- Its excellent accuracy and low recoil make it excel in taking out light and shielded units from afar. This makes it comparable to the Geth Pulse Rifle, although it doesn't have the rifle's fire rate.
- Though the combination of an SMG Magazine Upgrade and an SMG Heat Sink works to lengthen the time it can fire until the clip empties, it provides little benefit since it has a small magazine. So do the SMG High Caliber Barrel and the SMG Scope; the Locust has low damage and already high accuracy, respectively. The scope, however, can improve alignment of headshots.
- Unlike most Submachine Guns, using the Locust will prompt squadmates to keep their distance from the enemy instead of closing in.