The Kassa Fabrications Model-12 Locust is a compact submachine gun developed for the Alliance but now favored by gang enforcers and hit men. Featuring a complex recoil-reducing mechanism and high-grade auto-targeting software, the Locust delivers longer range, more accurate fire than others in its class.
Player Notes Edit
- The Locust has an average weight level, moderately-slow rate of fire, very high accuracy, and average clip capacity.
- The Locust's main strength is its flexibility. It has low recoil, and very high accuracy which allows the Locust to fire full auto even at long range, something only the Geth Plasma SMG can also do. This means it is very capable of dispatching shielded enemies with little difficulty.
- As accurate as the Locust is, it has very low damage, though this is partially remedied by its ability to keep putting headshots on target. As well as this, its slow rate of fire makes it a poor choice for close quarters, where the M-9 Tempest or Hornet would be far superior due to their faster fire rates.
- Its excellent accuracy and low recoil make it excel in taking out light and shielded units from afar. This makes it comparable to the Geth Pulse Rifle, although it doesn't have the rifle's fire rate.
- Though the combination of an SMG Magazine Upgrade and an SMG Heat Sink works to lengthen the time it can fire until the clip empties, it provides little benefit since it has a small magazine. So do the SMG High Caliber Barrel and the SMG Scope; the Locust has low damage and already high accuracy, respectively. The scope, however, can improve alignment of headshots.
- The Locust is second best among the other SMGs (defeated by the Geth Plasma SMG for faster rate of fire and better accuracy) for being effective against enemies in medium to even long ranges and consistently hitting enemies in the head, but ultimately is a poor weapon of choice for higher difficulty matches due to the lack of damage output.
- When used by a turian multiplayer class and in conjunction with a scope, recoil is almost negligible and otherwise very predictable and easily countered allowing for rapid easy headshots at medium range.
- Following an update in 18 Sept the Locust now has a 3x headshot multiplier instead of the usual 2.5x, and its damage output overall has also been increased.